Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not remotely cut adrift. It's more the sense that we are in freefall with no sign of rock bottom. We can still get ourselves out of this mess quite quickly with a few wins, but those wins look miles away on current form. I don't think people realise how desperately poor the sides that hammered us 2-5, saw us off 2-1, and battered us 3-1 actually are. We are abysmal and more than bad enough to sink without trace. And now we have a novice manager in charge. After years of appalling recruitment, boardroom incompetence, and crass mismanagement, we are primed for the drop. We are potentially a textbook case on how big clubs fall.

Sums it up very well. It does feel like we've finally been caught out.

Genuine question. At what point does the manager sit down with this group of players and talk about the R word? Does this ever happen or do the players and staff simply get on with preparing for the next game? I mean, I would like to think that some sort of extraordinary general meeting takes place between players/staff to discuss the severity or the current situation and try to spark some sort of reaction from them? Do they understand what is at stake here and do they comprehend what we as fans are currently going through?
I just think that the majority will never taste any real success in their careers so are looking instead to be remembered in infamy by getting us relegated. A real achievement in itself given we came close on a couple of occasions in the ,90's but never quite managed it!

Get ready for the championship lads.

It’s going to take a battle to get out of this.

Would absolutely love to be wrong.
It’s just not going to happen.

There’s three teams far far worse. Squeaky bum time for a bit maybe, but all will be well. although the run in is tough, I feel certain that this will actually be a good thing and players will raise their game.
although I suspect a big gap will have opened up by then

Honestly can’t imagine how bad your life must be to be an everton fan, knowing what agonies your fellow fans are going through at the moment, and think it’d be funny to go and wind them up on the internet. There’s a couple of people on here who genuinely have my sympathies for how pathetic their lives are that they think that’s fun.

There’s three teams far far worse. Squeaky bum time for a bit maybe, but all will be well. although the run in is tough, I feel certain that this will actually be a good thing and players will raise their game.
Is there though? We appear to have lost to Norwich, Watford, Newcastle and Brentford in the league, we look absolutely crap and we’ve now got more injuries to key players to contend with. I don’t share your optimism at all.

Get ready for the championship lads.

It’s going to take a battle to get out of this.

Would absolutely love to be wrong.
And we have a squad that is incapable of battling. The only reason we might stay up is if the squad's talent outweighs the effort of those below us. That's a big "if." We surely won't stay up because of hard work from this group of players.

The players haven't raised their game for 7 years. I'm certainly not going to rely on them to do so now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back