Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t be understated how much of a massive game it is v Leeds.

Norwich and Burnley against City and Liverpool same weekend.

Brentford v Palace and Watford v Brighton both hard to call but could go our way. Could be 5 points clear with a win plus a couple of winnable games in hand. Even looking up the table Brentford have played three games more than us and are also in free fall, even palace are currently catchable…although they do look a much better side.

We need to drag Brentford, Palace and Leeds back into it.

I feel if we manage to even get 4 points from next two we have a little more breathing space again and the tougher games v city/Spurs away that come after will be less pressure.

It’s going to be tough though - I thought Leeds were very good against West Ham. Actually thought they got away with it last night, Mings basically handed them a couple of goals…James and Raphina can cause problems but Phillips and Bamford are huge misses for them. Need to get at that shaky defence…of theirs…

We are doling out points to those below us like there is no tomorrow, if we lose that Saturday put a fork in us

Be delighted if we win, but I'll take a draw. We haven't pick up any points and that's madness.
We have 5 wins, Brighton has 6 wins but with so many draws, they are sitting safely at 9th with 30 points.

Can you believe its this weekend last year. Everton just drew 3-3 at old trafford. Were 7th. 3 points off Champions league place. And there were people on here destroying carlo ancelotti ?
I said it when it was being rumoured. But it was them people who summoned Benitez through faith.

Yes because just saying it means it won’t happen.
These people are annoying me. This isn't a being right on the Internet thing. This is serious. Nonchalantly just looking at our games in hand and assuming we will be OK cause we have better quality it'll all work out. It's a position a neutral can afford to take.

Yes we very may well be. But its not looking like a situation to be confident. Lose against Leeds which is a strong strong possibility then how on earth can you keep up that 'we will be fine' energy. Off course the 'being right on the Internet' phenomenon will have people still saying it. And off course if we do it by the skin of our teeth it'll be 'see lad told ya.. nothing to worry about.. I knew it'.

And ill wanna bash thier face into a mirror -Jonathan Davies

part of the problem is we just cant defend set pieces,
every time the ball is thrown into the box its pandemonium.
the big games will be burnley and watford away and if we play like the other night we ll lose both,
nothing will be decided this weekend but i dont know where the next points are coming from!

I really liked Digne and I like Gray/Gordon. Other than those tho? Could not care less if any of them put in a transfer request right now to go to Qatar with James.
yes, my friend: us Everton supporters are just so existentially exhausted around the context of what is support. I hate this Everton team with a passion, more than I detest the RS...yet I am a dyed-in-the-wool Evertonian...how has this happened?
Politely, with a nod toward cognitive bias, I might make anodyne excuse here or there; but this team, this establishment, this executive, this Board....they are just repugnant to me. The last sinew of what keeps me an Evertonian...the fibre that connects...is you and me...and us...the supporters. But this generation/incarnation of Royal Blues is a [Poor language removed] embarrassing disgrace.
My children have deserted them for fairer fields, but me? the blood of the covenant remains thicker than the water of the womb....sadly. barely so.

I am struggling ..really struggling

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back