Status
Not open for further replies.
1 win in 4 months
Lost 11 of 15

But Rafata would have gotten points at Villa and Newcastle

L
O
L

There is more than 50% chance we go down, the atmosphere left behind since the single handled destruction of our football club by that man as truly put us on the verge.

A miracle is needed, Goodison needs to be a fortress it’s the only way

Although he's helped in his own special, crap way. I'm more irate with Mosh and the recruitment team. How have we spent that much dough, and this is the result? It's mind bending.

Said it months ago and maintain it:

Norwich
Watford
Burnley

Thats yer 3 down.

Should have laid a tricast on it at the bookies when you had the chance and the odds were decent.

We have no chance of shutting teams out at the back and nicking draws and 1 goal wins. That's not possible with this group.

We have to become a team with the mindset that we'll have a go at out-scoring the opposition and go all out as an attacking force.

Lampard's transfer activity suggests that was his thinking too.

We better learn to do what S'ton did the other night at Spurs and get that self belief or we really are doomed. We have to take the brakes off and be brave and outscore other teams. It's the only shot we have - and we have the players to do that.

stop being silly.

The odds are suggesting 18%.
If you could predict correctly events that were nearly 3 times out of synch, then you could be rich beyond anyones dream.
We’ve won once in 4 months and have lost 11 out of 15; my eyes tell me differently than what “odds” say.

The PL is full of teams who plummet, when the bad run hits they can’t get out of it because the mindset has changed within the team.

That is us

Oh indeed, he has overseen the dismantling of this club with decisions that would make the Enron seems reputable

homer-simpsons.gif

We have no chance of shutting teams out at the back and nicking draws and 1 goal wins. That's not possible with this group.

We have to become a team with the mindset that we'll have a go at out-scoring the opposition and go all out as an attacking force.

Lampard's transfer activity suggests that was his thinking too.

We better learn to do what S'ton did the other night at Spurs and get that self belief or we really are doomed. We have to take the brakes off and be brave and outscore other teams. It's the only shot we have - and we have the players to do that.
I thought you didn't want our full backs to come forward? Make your mind up

How does what I posted contradict that?

We cant not put out a back four that doesn't defend and have 10 attacking outfield players.
The best way to be effective in this league is to have width from full backs, threat from inside forwards rather than wingers, and midfielders who screen the defence. No good football team in 2022 plays with old fashioned full backs and a flat back 4. The only team who try that in the premier league are Burnley and they are in last place.

Smith, Hodgson and Dyche have all been in relegation battles before. They know what it takes. Although those teams are not very good. Burnley in particular have some real battling players and have had some good results recently. I think they have a better chance than Watford or Norwich.

Lampard has some better players to choose from but also the team is in free fall and the mentality and resilience of some of our players is maybe even worse. Form counts for so much and we really need to scrape a couple of wins for things to change.

1 win in 4 months
Lost 11 of 15

But Rafata would have gotten points at Villa and Newcastle

L
O
L

There is more than 50% chance we go down, the atmosphere left behind since the single handled destruction of our football club by that man as truly put us on the verge.

A miracle is needed, Goodison needs to be a fortress it’s the only way
Not since the wolfpac have i seen such a shiny yellow bricked road paved for excused future failure.

Cant have a go at them mad wolfpac basterds for down playing expectations and then go do it yourself for Lamps.

You're better than that Chris.

The best way to be effective in this league is to have width from full backs, threat from inside forwards rather than wingers, and midfielders who screen the defence. No good football team in 2022 plays with old fashioned full backs and a flat back 4. The only team who try that in the premier league are Burnley and they are in last place.
I disagree. We have an abundance of attacking midfield players and we need a base from them to work from.

I think 35 points will be more than enough to stay out of the bottom 3.

Is 16 points do-able in the last 17 games? Almost certainly.

I'd expect home form to improve dramatically and that in itself may get 16 points or more. Players returning from injury could be a massive factor also.

Despite the recent struggles I don't see a situation where relegation is a reality. I think the bigger challenge lies ahead in the summer and convincing some of the better players to stay after flirting with relegation for part of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back