Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remaining games:

Leeds (H) - Toss up. Can go either way.
Southampton (A) - Havent lost at home since September.
City (H) - Loss
Spurs (A) - Difficult game
Wolves (H) - Beatable
Watford (A) - Win
West Ham (A) - Toss Up
United (H) - 1 win against them in our last 17 meetings.
Palace (H) - Look revitalized under Viera. Too much pace for our defense. Loss.
RS (A) - Loss
Chelsea (H) - Loss
Leicester (A) - Toss up.
Brentford (H) - Win
Arsenal (A) - Depending on league positioning could be the most important game of this clubs history.

I see a maximum of 15 points from our remaining fixtures leaving us with 34 points. In other words we will need to outperform to avoid relegation. Its actually grim.

Forgot the postponed games.

Burnley (A) - Win
Newcastle (H) - Who knows.
Leicester (H) - Win

And this is why Richarlison and DCL will be defined by the remainder of this season. Take the Leeds game. We will almost certainly have chances to score. They need to be taken. No more angry Richi body langauge after scuffing a one-on-one, and no more DCL smirks after ballooning a tap in. The time for excuses is over. Lampard will probably have us attack - he's got no record as a defensive coach - so chances will be made. Whether they are taken is another matter.
I'd sell the pair of them this summer and trust Lampard to get attackers we can rely on season in and season out.

There's a four point gap opening up just above us which shows other clubs are slowly moving away from us and we're being left in a small pool of teams looking at the drop. Lose on Saturday and that could be a 7 point gap to the team above us. I'd be a lot more confident of beating the drop have another two or three teams within a point or two so a couple of good wins could move us closer to mid table.
Doesn’t really matter the gap from us and above, it the gap from us and bottom 3 which is important atm.

Not just appointing Benitez, but allowing him to continue despite the worst form and football imaginable, if he had gone a 5 or 6 games earlier the form and confidence would have been a lot easier to turn around.
If we do go down, it's all on Moshiri and Benitez.

Benitez should have been fired after the derby on December 1st, but Moshiri kept him on for another month and a bit, whilst allowing Digne to be sold as well.

I suppose when you have a club as badly run as this one, then the chickens will come home to roost eventually.

If we do go down, it's all on Moshiri and Benitez.

Benitez should have been fired after the derby on December 1st, but Moshiri kept him on for another month and a bit, whilst allowing Digne to be sold as well.

I suppose when you have a club as badly run as this one, then the chickens will come home to roost eventually.

Absolutely. But Mosh Man has spent loads of money and has hired someone to put sand in a dock, stop moaning he’s trying his best!!!’

Whatever division we end up in, i'll always support this club. Relegation for this club, would be a total and utter disaster though.

Anyone who says otherwise, is bit of an idiot or a kopite. We've just got to hope that Frank can pick the players up, and get us out of this.

Yep. We've played the most games in the top tier and have the second longest run. We haven't won anything in years but our run in the top flight is one of the remaining things we can be proud of. Would be sickening if we went down. Every single aspect about going down is (poor language removed). There are no positives.

Remaining games:

City (H) - Loss
Wolves (H) - Beatable
Watford (A) - Win
West Ham (A) - Toss Up
RS (A) - Loss
Chelsea (H) - Loss
Leicester (A) - Toss up.
Brentford (H) - Win
Arsenal (A) - Depending on league positioning could be the most important game of this clubs history.

I see a maximum of 15 points from our remaining fixtures leaving us with 34 points. In other words we will need to outperform to avoid relegation. Its actually grim.

Burnley (A) - Win
Leicester (H) - Win
Could we even get to the 29 points that would have been enough to guarantee safety last season?

1 win in 4 months
Lost 11 of 15

But Rafata would have gotten points at Villa and Newcastle

L
O
L

There is more than 50% chance we go down, the atmosphere left behind since the single handled destruction of our football club by that man as truly put us on the verge.

A miracle is needed, Goodison needs to be a fortress it’s the only way
Very well said sir!

Remaining games:

City (H) - Loss
Wolves (H) - Beatable
Watford (A) - Win
West Ham (A) - Toss Up
RS (A) - Loss
Chelsea (H) - Loss
Leicester (A) - Toss up.
Brentford (H) - Win

Burnley (A) - Win
Leicester (H) - Win

Even pessimistically there’s 15 points to take here without too much trouble

Thats 34 points as a worst case scenario. 34 points will be safe this season.

relax folks.

it’s not happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back