Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
All it takes is one of Watford, Burnley or Norwich to start mounting a proper fight and picking up a few wins for us to be in big trouble. Even if we improve the form and get out of this free fall and pick up wins it may not even be enough if one of them start a revival thats better than ours. One of them 3 teams. Its not mad to think one out of 3 might turn it around.

P.S....I have been an Evertonian over 40 years
its hard mate,isnt it?
the last thing you think of at night and the first thing in the morning.
iv tried to separate myself from it as iv got no influence over the final outcome but it hurts when i see players like mina who cant get off the pitch quick enough!

All it takes is one of Watford, Burnley or Norwich to start mounting a proper fight and picking up a few wins for us to be in big trouble. Even if we improve the form and get out of this free fall and pick up wins it may not even be enough if one of them start a revival thats better than ours. One of them 3 teams. Its not mad to think one out of 3 might turn it around.
They might, but Leeds, Brentford, Newcastle or Palace could go on a bad run. There are 8 teams who could go down.

I have a tremendous sense of foreboding about relegation this season.

We are in a points tailspin.

We have some decent players but lack decent defenders , characters and fight.

If it happens it's all on Moshiri for his ludicrous appointment of Benitez.

Such a tough job for Lampard at this point in his managerial career.

its hard mate,isnt it?
iv tried to separate myself from it as iv got no influence over the final outcome but it hurts when i see players like mina who cant get off the pitch quick enough!
Tbf he wanted to stay on

Not just appointing Benitez, but allowing him to continue despite the worst form and football imaginable, if he had gone a 5 or 6 games earlier the form and confidence would have been a lot easier to turn around.

I do agree that we are on a slide but equally just one win would change the outlook.
If we are still in this position in ten games time I think we can start to really worry but we are not gone far past the half way stage of the season at the moment and we still have 51 points to fight for.

Lots of games left and Everton will do what Everton do. They'll go on a run where we liken them to a prime Real Madrid and wonder why they can't play like that all the time, the TV pundits will sing our praises. Talk of Europe will be mentioned........then we'll lose another 8 on the bounce and finish 16th.

That truly is my prediction for the season.

its hard mate,isnt it?
52 years. With the exception of the mid 80s and the Cup in 95 it has been mostly misery especially when that other shower are successful.

My consolations are Shamrock Rovers and the Dublin GAA football team. At least they have given me something to smile about in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back