Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned it recently, Coleman as a CB I really think this is the best way for us to utilise him, we have 2 RBs to use so I’m quite happy having our best leader in the at CB. I always believe the best position for a captain was CB.

The problem is we don’t play like this every week. Onwards and upwards though. Every point takes this nightmare scenario further away from us and we can start looking to the cup and then moving players out in the next window.
Away games could be a problem, but I feel we will be much better at hone from now on, having Benitez here was making it so toxic that had a big bearing on us failing at home.

5 points clear of Norwich with a game in hand. Watford losing.
2 points behind Brentford with three games in hand on them.

We’re fine.
I said it all along, but we can’t rest on our laurels and must continue to do things well. We have been truly awful this season bar a few early games and we are still a good few points above the bottom 3 that shows how bad they really have been. I would be nice thought to see Newcastle dragged back into the mix, not that I should be bothered about them

2 games in hand on Southampton who are only 7 points ahead of us in 10th, and we’re 5 points ahead of the relegation zone & those below us have some horrid games this weekend.

Need to look ahead, not behind.

I agree, if we win our games in hand on Southampton, Brentford, Palace, we can be 2 places higher in the table easily. We also have a game in hand on Watford and Norwich below us and a game in hand on many of the teams above us.

Great game and very much needed confidence wise for fan and player alike. However, one game doesn't remove us from 16 place. We need to tap into what our home fans were offering today. Onward and upward! Funny how most of our scarecrows came alive today. Keane, Iwobi & Coleman our main scapegoats this year looked the part which was welcome news. Go Super Frank get them rocking in their seats we need livening up a bit.

Great game and very much needed confidence wise for fan and player alike. However, one game doesn't remove us from 16 place. We need to tap into what our home fans were offering today. Onward and upward! Funny how most of our scarecrows came alive today. Keane, Iwobi & Coleman our main scapegoats this year looked the part which was welcome news. Go Super Frank get them rocking in their seats we need livening up a bit.
Place doesn’t really matter as long as we are enough points away from the bottom 3, still lots of work to do but it’s a good start.

No team will play so open against us as leeds did today, or maybe Citeh in 2 weeks but I always said we need at least 3 wins to stay up and today was number one. Lets see what we can do next week. On todays display, we look to be ready for anyone. Well done Frank Lampard, well done lads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back