Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way we are shutting out Man City! Spurs away maybe a 0-0 if we pack out midfield with Doucoure back, Don’t think we have a dog fighting mentality that can last more than the odd game

This is what I'm thinking/hoping. We have 3 games in hand on them and are in pretty poor form themselves. We're just two points behind as things stand.

Reckon Villa might need to look over their shoulder now as well after today.

I still think Norwich & Burnley are a bit screwed but reckon the rest above will push up now except for Brentford and maybe Leeds who look lost with key players.

I still think Norwich & Burnley are a bit screwed but reckon the rest above will push up now except for Brentford and maybe Leeds who look lost with key players.
Was hoping that Newcastle would struggle now without Trippier and ASM but that draw at West Ham earlier today was a big result for them after going a goal down.

Brentford and Leeds. Two teams we're easily better then and unable to buy a win now.

Norwich, Burnley and Watford not great at all but starting to show some fight at last.

I’m hoping there’ll be some swing of the pendulum back round again.

Newcastle have had a good run, they’re due a few defeats. Same for Norwich.

Meanwhile we’ve been absolutely terrible but you would think at some point we’ll have a mini spurt of results.

Hopefully it’s enough.

We just don't have the energy and pace that most other teams seem to have. If we survive, which is debatable, we need a massive clear out and need to stop recruiting sloths.

I reckon Lampard will bring in 5 or 6 in the summer. Needs proper backing from the board which for all his fault Benitez didn't get last summer.

With 3 games in hand on them.

Relax. 3 wins and 3 draws will be enough this season.
I’m not so sure about that, Burnley have 22 games 17 points. I don’t think it is unrealistic to see them pick up at least 17 points from their last 16, that would put them on 34, and they already have a better GD than us. And don’t forget they have a guaranteed three points when we visit them.

No fight no desire. Looked like they just wanted to get back on the coach and get back up north. Probably so they can all go watch the boxing later.

I’m hoping there’ll be some swing of the pendulum back round again.

Newcastle have had a good run, they’re due a few defeats. Same for Norwich.

Meanwhile we’ve been absolutely terrible but you would think at some point we’ll have a mini spurt of results.

Hopefully it’s enough.

That's the key, the fact we've been on our worst run in living memory and still have distance from 18th place.

We'll be inconsistent for the rest of the season but we'll pick up wins. It was getting to the point under Benitez where we were just going to lose every match but that rot has stopped now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back