Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not so sure about that, Burnley have 22 games 17 points. I don’t think it is unrealistic to see them pick up at least 17 points from their last 16, that would put them on 34, and they already have a better GD than us. And don’t forget they have a guaranteed three points when we visit them.
I just can’t see Burnley going down with dyche. That’s a hell of a result for them today - and looking at their results they haven’t been losing many games, just couldn’t win.

I think our only hope is that Brentford keep free falling into it and Watford don’t go on a run.

Based on multiple performances like that, I think we are the worst side in the league to be honest , and probably the least likely of the teams in the mix to scrape results.

I’m not so sure about that, Burnley have 22 games 17 points. I don’t think it is unrealistic to see them pick up at least 17 points from their last 16, that would put them on 34, and they already have a better GD than us. And don’t forget they have a guaranteed three points when we visit them.

Burnley have been competitive in games all season, they just haven't been scoring goals (hence not winning games), that today changes their fortunes a bit. Watford are relying on a Hodgson masterclass to get them out of trouble, today a decent start.

Leeds and Brentford we should be looking to get ahead of. Bilesa and Thomas Frank's teams aren't set up for a relegation battle and are both struggling. We've just ripped both teams to shreds.

We are in real trouble from here on in, we don't have enough players who have the skill to play in the Premier League and we don't have enough players with the fight to keep us in the Premier League.
Look at the teams below us, they are starting to fight, we just capitulate.

I just can’t see Burnley going down with dyche. That’s a hell of a result for them today - and looking at their results they haven’t been losing many games, just couldn’t win.

I think our only hope is that Brentford keep free falling into it and Watford don’t go on a run.

Based on multiple performances like that, I think we are the worst side in the league to be honest , and probably the least likely of the teams in the mix to scrape results.

Brentford are the worst team in the league. Just used that novelty effect to get a decent start after promotion, a bit like Blackpool did, who also ended up going down.

Even the game they beat us I said they were the worst team we'd played, they did nothing in the game, just got a lucky pen and then we were too poor to break them down.

Think we will need a shock win from somewhere, maybe Chelsea or MUFC at home, or a surprise away win but if we are just relying on the “winnable “ home games we are in even more trouble than we thought.

Brentford are the worst team in the league. Just used that novelty effect to get a decent start after promotion, a bit like Blackpool did, who also ended up going down.

Even the game they beat us I said they were the worst team we'd played, they did nothing in the game, just got a lucky pen and then we were too poor to break them down.
Be a battle between us to finish bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back