Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are writing off Watford too early, they’ve got to play at home:
EFC
Brentford
Burnley
Leeds

I’d rather be in our position, but Hodgson kept Fulham up from a worse position.
reckon Watford are gone, that Fulham run was far more down to the players than the manager
WInning runs arent a thing hodgson has done in over a decade

Absolute minimum 4 points needed, ideally 6 points from this week.
Without points picked up confidence will be totally destroyed and any remaining belief in the squad will be gone.
It’ll also give the others belief they can catch us!
So I see these next 2 games as defining what happens come May

Do championship games get broadcast in foreign countries at all ? If we go down presumably it would be like the days before the internet existed where you would have to listen to local radio broadcasts for live coverage.

3 games at home against premiership opposition under Lampard. 2 comfortable wins and 1 unfair loss to the best team in the world, this should give everyone a little hope imo
Leeds and Brentford were on like 5 game losing streaks each at the time and we were at Goodison, I think today is the acid test, if we don't win this then our most expesnive ever squad have relegated the club for the first time ever

Absolute minimum 4 points needed, ideally 6 points from this week.
Without points picked up confidence will be totally destroyed and any remaining belief in the squad will be gone.
It’ll also give the others belief they can catch us!
So I see these next 2 games as defining what happens come May

Wondering if we were to win today and Leeds beat Norwich with Burnley playing City next would their spirit finely be broken

If we do manage to stay up this season, which I think we will (very close though), then it will be interesting to see what happens in the summer. The worst case is that points are deducted and we start next season on less than zero points. Other options are a massive fine or a transfer ban, or may be all of those. Would anyone be confident that this team would not face the same challenges next season?

It is unlikely we will see Moshiri spend £100m+ (while the club is fighting sustainability sanctions) to rectify the obvious issues in the squad. I wonder if our big assets, Richarlison, Pickford and DCL could be sold to fund the rebuild. Really difficult to see how Everton are not in a similar position next year.

If we do manage to stay up this season, which I think we will (very close though), then it will be interesting to see what happens in the summer. The worst case is that points are deducted and we start next season on less than zero points. Other options are a massive fine or a transfer ban, or may be all of those. Would anyone be confident that this team would not face the same challenges next season?

It is unlikely we will see Moshiri spend £100m+ (while the club is fighting sustainability sanctions) to rectify the obvious issues in the squad. I wonder if our big assets, Richarlison, Pickford and DCL could be sold to fund the rebuild. Really difficult to see how Everton are not in a similar position next year.

We should sell those “big assets” if the right offer comes along, we need a complete rebuild and it’s not as if we haven’t been utter crap with them around anyway. Do I think we’ll get big offers for them though? I doubt it very much.

This has been sorted we never broke the rules.

We should sell those “big assets” if the right offer comes along, we need a complete rebuild and it’s not as if we haven’t been utter crap with them around anyway. Do I think we’ll get big offers for them though? I doubt it very much.
Richi 30m
DCL 25m
Buy Pickord for 1m get Iwobi free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back