Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are enough games left for us to get points from to survive;
Home
Wolves, Newcastle, Palace, Brentford. Leicester, Man U. Even Chelsea given the turmoil they’re in.

Away; Leicester, Watford, Burnley

If we could get 10 points from those home games and even just 2 points from the always, I think that will be more than enough.

Then after the Arsenal game, just to be really petty, tell Keane, Coleman, Holgate, Delph, Robson, Tosun and Gomes that they’re not allowed on the bus home.
Better still, don’t let any of them on the bus to any more games. Btw, who is Robson?

Apologies if it's already been said, but the lowest points total ever to stay up was West Brom in 04/05 with 34 points.

Can you see us getting 12 more points?
I can’t see it having to be that much this season tbh, the standard is awful.

Look at what a few wins did for Newcastle. If we get 6 points this week I think we can start to relax a little. Massive ‘IF’ though

I think people are writing off Watford too early, they’ve got to play at home:
EFC
Brentford
Burnley
Leeds

I’d rather be in our position, but Hodgson kept Fulham up from a worse position.

Nothing will be decided today.

But if we lose then we are definitely getting relegated.
feels like a very significant moment this, i think even a point would at least be progress, need to build some form. Every time we take a step forward we immediately take 2 back in the next game.

I did the Echo predictor a month ago and I think I won’t be far off. It’s going to be tight:

Attachments

• 4EEA83BD-3EB0-4E20-A6B6-1C3CE1CCE6EE.webp
    4EEA83BD-3EB0-4E20-A6B6-1C3CE1CCE6EE.webp
    68.2 KB · Views: 69
I think the hardest thing to take is not so long ago we were saying Newcastle were dead and buried, they are now 9 points ahead of us in the table albeit played 2 games more and poeple even now saying Norwich are gone. If Norwich win today and we lose they will be within 2 points!

Also are Watford gone? Just 3 points behind us....

Winning the next 2 would help no end but unfortunately I cant see us winning both as much as I want us to, desperately want us to.

1647167199484.webp

Has anyone seen the interview with Anthony Gordon?

I thought this was quite telling:-

Gordon admits Lampard was not happy with Everton’s players after their humiliation in north London with errors he thought they’d already learned lessons from, being repeated.

He said: “We can't keep making the same mistakes. We’ve had plenty of meetings looking back over games over the past couple of weeks.

“We knew where we were going wrong and we were putting them right, but then a week later we undo them all again. The good teams don’t make the same mistakes twice.

I think the hardest thing to take is not so long ago we were saying Newcastle were dead and buried, they are now 9 points ahead of us in the table albeit played 2 games more and poeple even now saying Norwich are gone. If Norwich win today and we lose they will be within 2 points!

Also are Watford gone? Just 3 points behind us....

Winning the next 2 would help no end but unfortunately I cant see us winning both as much as I want us to, desperately want us to.

View attachment 159002
15th in home table. People keep saying our home form will keep us up, we must’ve won about two games at Goodison in four months. It HAS to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back