Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crowd will win us those games if we're still in trouble.
I very much doubt it. I expect a pall of acceptance will fall over much of the fanbase if we lose to Burnley on Wednesday.

The fans have been made idiots of for too long. The contempt that these players - and the hierarchy - have demonstrated in their performances to the fans means that many thinking people will emotionally begin to protect themselves through distancing themselves from what is a likely horror show if we lose at Turf Moor.

Wednesday night is the biggest match this club has played in since 1998.

I agree. We badly need a win or three - and relying on Goodison to provide them would be folly.

I wont be desolate if we draw against Burnley, but if we're to get out of this it's a game we really should be winning. Trouble is, we're away from home and we play a team not much worse than us.

I think we’ll lose. Burnley will fight to the death and they’ll get their goal at some point. At that point our players will just throw in the towel. I realise I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know.

Could do with beating Burnley as they have the same games in hand as us - they are also the best team below us.

Desperate situation - but there it is.

I'm hoping Keane out is a blessing in disguise as he seems shot mentally.

Keane bring out is bad. He’s good against long ball tactics and now we have Godfrey and Holgate in defense for our most important game in years. That’s terrifying.

I think we’ll lose. Burnley will fight to the death and they’ll get their goal at some point. At that point our players will just throw in the towel. I realise I’m not telling anything you don’t already know.
My hope is that they really are as dire as us and if we can get a goal ahead they'll be as demoralised as we would be if we were down a goal.

A draw wouldn't be the end of the world. Certainly worse for them than us.

My hope is that they really are as dire as us and if we can get a goal ahead they're as demoraliswed as we would be if we were down a goal.

A draw wouldn't be the end of the world. Certainly worse for them than us.

Sure, if this was the Everton of last season I’d bet on Richarlison getting one and DCL another, but we hardly ever score now.

I think the FA Cup final would be a few days before it, therefore that'd be a big advantage if they get through.
crap, you're right. It's the week before the end of the season.
Shows how much interest I have in the cup final.
Should be the last domestic game of the season.
football - death by a thousand cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back