Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt realise how much of a decent run they are on.
Great result and obviously beating us 4-0 in the cup last time. Amazingly they’ve only won 8 games all season we’ve won 7.
Goes to show having a bit of luck with injuries and what you can do with a settled team.

As we’ve seen with West Ham and in previous years with wolves who came up finished 7th twice with virtually the same 11 every week and Leicester finishing 5th twice to.

We must have had more injuries in the 2 seasons than your average prem team has in 10 years, but you can’t blame injuries unless your Liverpool. It’s part of the game apparently

Great result and obviously beating us 4-0 in the cup last time. Amazingly they’ve only won 8 games all season we’ve won 7.
Goes to show having a bit of luck with injuries and what you can do with a settled team.

As we’ve seen with West Ham and in previous years with wolves who came up finished 7th twice with virtually the same 11 every week and Leicester finishing 5th twice to.

We must have had more injuries in the 2 seasons than your average prem team has in 10 years, but you can’t blame injuries unless your Liverpool. It’s part of the game apparently

They've had a great march. Into the semi's. Took points off city. Won away at wolves(no mean feat) walloped us and Arsenal.
I take regular line ups. But sadly i do think they have better players. That doesnt say much though. I cant list Evertons faults. We already know them and id be here all night.

Been over twice this season for games .
Burnley and Leeds.
Goin to the Leicester game and probably Palace.
I'll keep us up !

If your luck doesn’t keep us up, I’ll end up coming to matches too.

19 years following Everton, only been to 18 or 19 matches in that time but yet to see Ev lose in person.

Granted some of those matches have been the likes of Newcastle, Bolton, MK Dons, Fulham which were easy wins but equally I’ve seen us beat City, United and Chelsea in that time.

Been to see us V Spurs 3 times, all draws. Stones doing a Cruyff turn on the edge of his 6 yard box against HM Son was the most nervous I’ve been at Goodison, especially sitting with the Spurs fans that day too.

My first ever away game was Burnley away 1969/70 a massive game on the title run in. The game on Wednesday is probably a bigger game as this time we can't afford to lose.
I won't be there on Wednesday as I have just been diagnosed with Prostate cancer which is a bit of a bummer but you know what occupies my mind when I wake up at night ? Not worrying about the cancer no it's this gang of soft shites getting my team relegated.
On a happier note we won 2-1 in 1970 as I am sure you know.
Best of luck mate, and I hope the treatment gets you well again.

Praying we get ourselves out of this rut and we have some of boys pen billys better times on the horizon very soon.

We just have to believe that we’re capable of beating Burnley away from home. We just don’t seem to have that belief in any single away game that we can get even a point but we have to go out there this week, expect to dominate the ball, expect to create chances and expect to win.

I fear we’ll go out with 5 at the back though and invite Burnley on and then concede first. We need to be looking at blasting them off the park.

No doubt Dwight McNeil is warming up for his one good game of the season as we speak though.
I believe we are capable of beating Burnley away, I just don't think we will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back