Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
…yep, that does sound ridiculous.
does it Eggs?. I have rarely been so involved in our useless, utterly spineless team's fortunes than I am this season. I am hoping, 'this too shall pass' and we escape the drop. I do not think we will.

It's a disgrace .

BF78FD20-963F-44CF-AB86-ACE8C9A9B070.webp

…yep, that does sound ridiculous.

Im sure it does but it’s how I feel, I’ve not properly cared about a match in years, this one against Burnley actually has me arsed and remembering how I used to feel supporting Everton.

How many have been relagated before ?

Pickford..
Delph maybe ?
Have been relegated:

Pickford
Doucoure
Godfrey
Sigurdsson
Keane
Begovic

Played at clubs in and around the bottom of the table:

Delph
Townsend
Rondon
Richarlison

There in lies the problem imo. We're recruiting players who either have been relegated or in relegation fights /in teams usually in and around the bottom 5.

Weird how some seemed to enjoy Palace beating Arsenal last night.
We want Arsenal to have Champions League wrapped up before we play them last game.
If they have something to play for and we need even a point, that’s going to be grim.

With the fixture list Spurs have I'd make them big favourites for 4th now. Don't really see 4th being settle either way before final day.

Chelsea dipping a little might be good though as they have Watford at home final day.

Weird how some seemed to enjoy Palace beating Arsenal last night.
We want Arsenal to have Champions League wrapped up before we play them last game.
If they have something to play for and we need even a point, that’s going to be grim.
Not sure we get anything at Arsenal away we need to win those home games desperately

Have been relegated:

Pickford
Doucoure
Godfrey
Sigurdsson
Keane
Begovic

Played at clubs in and around the bottom of the table:

Delph
Townsend
Rondon
Richarlison

There in lies the problem imo. We're recruiting players who either have been relegated or in relegation fights /in teams usually in and around the bottom 5.
What about those who already played in Championship, at least they would be "climatised" if the drop happens ?

Anyway, we'll have Delph back in the team tomorrow.
Sleep easy Blues.
?
Delph, Alli, Rondon, Gomes or some other hitherto total waste of space will score and get us off the hook.
That's the good news
The bad is; Teary Bill will immediately give him a pay rise and a 4 year extension.

The 'Everton That' news is we will go down on GD or goals scored due to Arsenal putting a shedload on us while our heroes are in flip-flops and sunnies mode, last day of the season.

Last edited:
here we go. lol just back him mate aye and the team
Everton that. We have 5 managers most proven winners over time and everyone wants them out at the first sign of adversity. Then because of default the fan base settle for an unproven manager who has had the worst start In the clubs history and has the team playing worse than the previous manager.

?
Delph, Alli, Rondon, Gomes or some other hitherto total waste of space will score and get us off the hook.
That's the good news
The bad is; Teary Bill will immediately give him a pay rise and a 4 year extension.

The 'Everton That' news is we will go down on GD or goals scored due to Arsenal putting a shedload on us while our heroes are in flip-flops and sunnies mode, last day of the season.
Not an altogether unrealistic view.
I've started on the Gallows Humour take on things, just to make life bearable.

It may sound ridiculous but its sort of nice actually having something to care about with regards to Everton, can’t remember the last time I genuinely cared that much about what happens once we get to this stage of the season. Usually we are just bumming around in mid table or at best pretending we might scrape into the lowest european spot… but this season we are going to have a bit of excitement finally, makes matches actually feel important which is a feeling I’ve not had in many many years.
Jesus Christ are you for real?
I feel totally depressed over this. You must be a young individual as I’m not and don’t think my heart can take any more.
Every game my nerves are on edge. Don’t look forward to watching games any more
I reckon you will learn and end up being the same
Oh for a boring end to the season please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back