Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you're not beating him.
All im saying is we've tried both styles away from home this season. Under benitez and lampard.
What is the winning style?
Or are these players just not up to it.

The players unquestionably have to find a level, but the manager watches them every week, and I’m sure he doesn’t set them up to be uninterested.

I think Doucoure coming back will be massive for how he wants to play, and I’ll continue to clutch at that.

Don’t understand how they haven’t rearranged Burnley a and Leicester h games by now.
Probably waiting for a week in the fixtures where we play Sunday then Saturday and they can Impose / Force, 2 (none negotiable dates) games at us on the Tuesday & Thursday.
Edit; probably around Easter

We need DCL to start scoring we need a midfield three we need a bit of fight. I know we are in a mess but playing Coleman every minute isn't going to help us away we need a bit of pace to get us out. Patterson needs minutes.

We could be in the bottom 3 by the time we kick off against Man City. No messing about, we need to get any kind of result we possibly can.

The players unquestionably have to find a level, but the manager watches them every week, and I’m sure he doesn’t set them up to be uninterested.

I think Doucoure coming back will be massive for how he wants to play, and I’ll continue to clutch at that.

No. No he doesnt. But to have 6 points away from home by march, regardless who under, tells me there are to many with a weak mentality. Lampards 2 away games so far. Losing two players in the first half v newcastle didnt help. And southampton we at least came out on the front foot for the first 20 minutes. Clutching at straws maybe.
6 points though. Its embarrassing and if we get relegated you can look right there.

I trust Lampard to get it right, and have seen more than enough from the way he sets the team up to hopefully sort the abysmal away form out, as that could be key.

I do trust that gaffer, but I don't trust this squad of shithouses we have collected - no bottle, fight or desire in most of them - hope Frank has seen enough of the worst of them and bombs them now.

We need the duke, Allan, DCL, Richy, Godfrey, Gray & Mina back asap and to stay fit until season end - easier said than done with our cursed squad.

The fans know what we need to do as well - we make Goodison the snarling bearpit it was against Leeds, for every single remaining home game, starting at about 5pm on Saturday afternoon.

I hate what we have become as a club - watching the results of the teams near us, hoping and praying they get beat and also hoping there's three worse sides than us this season. Were not Everton anymore.

I have confidence that our new manager will change that eventually, but he needs time and the full support of every fan.

Probably better if Newcastle beat Brentford on Sat tbf. A draw at worst.
I think you're ignoring Newcastle's remaining fixtures in making this judgement. The draw would be best. Newcastle have 8 away games out of their last 14 fixtures. And, like ourselves, they have the RS and City still to play (on successive weekends late in the season).
My hopes hang on getting all our players back and getting a jammy away win somewhere. Every side gets lucky at least once a season. Our turn has yet to come.

Watford are gone, Norwich may still have a spark left in them but have it tough in terms of games, Burnley and Newcastle will survive, Leeds will get wins when they play well. Brentford are in trouble.

As for us, it all depends on what we do, no-one else.

I'd say Watford, Brentford and Norwich to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.