Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically, there is no hope. We've been chasing hope since October and there's just no improvement. Who really still believes in getting 3-5 wins? We didn't manage to get points against Watford, Norwich and Burnley.

If we lose to Man Utd at the weekend and Burnley win at Norwich, we'll slip in the bottom 3 and we'll stay there until the end.

Yawn.

I think it's time to stop worrying about the negatives and start embracing the positives, because it's coming regardless.

For sure, dropping out of the top flight for first time in most of our lifetimes is embarrassing and disturbing, but we are Evertonians aren't we? Aren't we used to our club embarrassing us by now? If we are still here after the last 30 years then there must me something else keeping us here other than some long lost notion of greatness and that will still be there after relegation.

The club will be in real dire financial straights and it could seriously be threatened with administration, but wouldn't that also mean the end of Moshiri and his dirty money too? And of course finally seeing the back of Blue Bill.

We most probably won't be coming straight back up, and might even drop further down the league's, but who isn't fed up with the bullshit that is Premier League football anyway? No more VAR, no more being last on MOTD, no more Saturday 1230 and 5.30 kick offs, Sunday and Monday night football, no more so called experts talking incessantly about our opponents when we are playing one of the Sky Six.

Getting rid of a whole host of losers and wasters from the squad who are taking huge wages whilst offering nothing. Replacing them with honest professionals who are looking for the chance to shine at this level. No more players out on international duty only to have their heads turned by agents from other clubs or have them slag us off to the national press of their home nation.

No more circling 12 games a season as ones we will be happy to take a point from, going into every match as one we can try and win and most of all no more Merseyside derby, having to spend 90 minutes sharing a platform with those cretins, knowing that no matter how well we play, they will always get away with something that sends us home fuming.

Above all else, just a chance to re-engage with football again as a hobby to be enjoyed rather than a chore to be endured. I am convinced a good proportion of the stuff we all hate about going the match these days is down to the Premier League and all the crap that goes with it. I, like many follow a second team at a much lower level and I still really look forward to their games far more than I do Everton's.

No one is saying it's going to be easy street and not hard to take, but it isn't all doom and gloom either, it's a chance to reset our relationship with Everton and start enjoying them again.

I’m not ready to throw in the towel yet. Whilst there’s life, there’s hope and we’ve got to try and fight.
Does seem a bit though like the last days of Berlin in 1945 when the walls are falling in around us but we have delusions we can get out of it

Can't see where the next win comes from if I'm being honest. As soon as Burnley overtake us we won't recover IMO.
We're gone mate.

We had hold of a strong lifeline to safety (given to us in truth by 2 pens) and had 35 minutes to see it out. This lot dont have the bottle even for that.

The games get harder from here on in.

We are in the Championship next year. No question about it.

Our remaining fixtures and points expected:
Utd (h) 1pt
Lei (h) 1pt
Liv (a) 0pts (negative points as we'll get annihilated)
Che (h) 0 pts
Lei (a) 0 pts
Wat (a) 0pts
Bre (h) 3pts
Pal (h) 1pt
Ars (a) 0pts

Can't see our away record changing anytime soon. So a total of 6 pts is all I reckon we'll muster by end of season.

Burnley meanwhile have the following (points I'd expect them to gain):
Nor (a) 3pts
Wes (a) 0pts
Sou (h) 1pt
Wol (h) 3pts
Wat (a) 1pt
Vil (h) 1pt
Spur (a) 0pts
Vil (a) 0pts
New (h) 1pt

Even being conservative and giving them only 2 wins for rest of the season, I reckon they'll clock up 10 pts.

We're gone. And we fully deserve to be relegated. No fight. No bottle. Spineless. Talentless (bar about 3 or 4). An embarrassment. Been doing bugger all since 95 and never came close to changing that.

The only solace is that relegation will purge the club of all the money hungry mercenaries we acquired under this shambolic Moshiri era. We can hit reset and go back to basics with a youth team from within. We might end up spending more than one season down there...but it's what we deserve.

Aside from the money aspect (which we as football fans shouldn't even really be bothered with) - what's the point in us staying in the Premiership anyway?

No chance of winning it
No chance of top 4
No immediate chance of European football
Getting pumped by our beloved neighbours twice a year

I'd be lying if I said the whole routine wasn't getting extremely dull

We're gone mate.

We had hold of a strong lifeline to safety (given to us in truth by 2 pens) and had 35 minutes to see it out. This lot dont have the bottle even for that.

The games get harder from here on in.

We are in the Championship next year. No question about it.
when they sack Lampard on Saturday night, who would you bring in?

Never give up hope till its impossible, I witnessed the "great escape" season at West Brom 2004/2005. Bottom placed most of latter part of season, last match of the season bottom and we had to win and the 3 above us loose, it happened and we stayed up. KEEP THE FAITH

We came down following season though, sometimes it's just delaying the inevitable

Never give up hope till its impossible, I witnessed the "great escape" season at West Brom 2004/2005. Bottom placed most of latter part of season, last match of the season bottom and we had to win and the 3 above us loose, it happened and we stayed up. KEEP THE FAITH

We came down following season though, sometimes it's just delaying the inevitable
You start off saying "never give up hope" amd finish with "just delaying the inevitable"...full 180 there ?

Status
Not open for further replies.