Remembering Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bored of hearing about him. But he went about 2 and a half years without being able to sign a single first team player, and kept us competitive in doing so. Not many managers would be able to do that, or put up with that.

It's very early days in his United career as well, I wouldn't be surprised if he comes good there.

I'm bored of hearing about him. But he went about 2 and a half years without being able to sign a single first team player, and kept us competitive in doing so. Not many managers would be able to do that, or put up with that.

It's very early days in his United career as well, I wouldn't be surprised if he comes good there.
I would tbh

Got Everton to a consistent standard, and by an eleven year attrition, became the best of rest as the 'others' shot their load in the boom and bust, sack and rebuild cycles.

When I look back on it, I can't really pin down any discernible style of play or pattern or plan for the club. Probably stayed 5 years too long.

Once he's sacked by United, I think Evertonians will begin to soften towards him.

He didn't do his Goodison legacy any favours over the summer, but memories of that will fade when he's given the boot at Old Trafford. I'm already feeling sorry for him.

The truth of the matter is that he was exactly what we needed. He righted the ship in pretty much our darkest hour. He deserves our gratitude for that. He just didn't have what it took to continue our development - and you can't really blame a man for his limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back