• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Richarlison at Spurs

It's really a scale thing right? Like he probably will do fine but does that make him the best signing for the biggest club in the world? I wouldn't think so.

No, it’s doesn’t make him the “best” signing. Mbappe would be their best signing. And then Richarlison to come in as another forward option feels like a reasonable idea. They are short on forwards

No, it’s doesn’t make him the “best” signing. Mbappe would be their best signing. And then Richarlison to come in as another forward option feels like a reasonable idea. They are short on forwards
I guess they ran Mariano Diaz out there for awhile so it wouldn't be the worst striker in recent memory. It still feels beneath them.

He wasn't good enough for Tottenham but it'll definitely work out at Real Madrid
Surely it depends whether it is “Real Madrid” or ”Real Madrid managed by Carlo Ancelotti” doesn’t it?

Some managers get the best out of certain players, be that because of how they use them on the field or how they manage them off itor a combination of the two.

On his day and in the right setup Richie can be a fantastic asset, at least based on some past performances we have seen. Perhaps that it is in the past but Carlo did seem to rate him.

Trial run for your Real Madrid forward line tonight v Guinea.
View attachment 214310
We take a 4-1 result.

Count me in the 'you have to know what he is' camp. He's a lot like Benzema was for most of his career. Does all the dirty work and the little things. Never, ever shirks. Doesn't score a ton of goals, but that's not why you put him on the pitch.

I would slot him in over a Galactico, in a forward line like that. Doesn't hurt that Carlo knows what he has, with him.

Surely it depends whether it is “Real Madrid” or ”Real Madrid managed by Carlo Ancelotti” doesn’t it?

Some managers get the best out of certain players, be that because of how they use them on the field or how they manage them off itor a combination of the two.

On his day and in the right setup Richie can be a fantastic asset, at least based on some past performances we have seen. Perhaps that it is in the past but Carlo did seem to rate him.
To me it really really doesn't and honestly is one of the strongest cases in a while for why managers shouldn't do transfers should it happen.

I mean it's similar to why Everton managed by Carlo Ancelotti still shouldn't have bought Allan. Sure he played better with Carlo but it was still a bad idea.

He'd have been an absolute hero if he stayed with us this year to be honest.

Then again we might not have been in a mess as big as this, so who knows...
I don't understand all this BS about playing in Europe, yes it's one thing going when Rooney went to United, or Bellamy going to Liverpool, going to a club like Spurs who have won nothing of note, in a very long time was pointless. Like the divvies who went Chelsea in the mid nougties who expected great things then ruined their career. When players like Matt Le Tissier and Shearer were around, they took hero status at their clubs and accepted it. Europe ain't everything.

I don't understand all this BS about playing in Europe, yes it's one thing going when Rooney went to United, or Bellamy going to Liverpool, going to a club like Spurs who have won nothing of note, in a very long time was pointless. Like the divvies who went Chelsea in the mid nougties who expected great things then ruined their career. When players like Matt Le Tissier and Shearer were around, they took hero status at their clubs and accepted it. Europe ain't everything.
Times change and so do prospects.

He was going to either play for Lampard's Everton which wasn't exactly fantastic or for Tottenham potentially in Europe, for definitely more money, under a famous (for good reasons, at the time lol ) manager. The prospect was much better but how it turned out wasn't, unluckily for him.

BTW Shearer isn't a great example for your point - not as if he stayed at Southampton is it? Or Blackburn. Jumped ship for good amounts of money and earning more, in fact he was super close to joining United both times but didn't for other reasons.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back