Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should this discussion not be on the Brands thread?

Richarlison is in the top 4 left wingers and probably only in the top 20 strikers so it's a no brainer where he should be playing for me. The only problem us neither Tosun or DCL took their chances when played up front so it's muddied the water as we have Bernard and Lookman who can play left wing but neither as good as Richarlison. You've got to decide at the minute what will get more goals and I think it's Richarlison on the wing with DCL playing away games Tosun playing home games.

I came for Richarlison and instead got finances and Brands....makes sense

I agree he should be playing on the left but with little to no threat up top with our current lot, I think he should stay up top for now. By learning that position it may help him when he goes back to the wing with different types of runs and finding more space.

I came for Richarlison and instead got finances and Brands....makes sense

I agree he should be playing on the left but with little to no threat up top with our current lot, I think he should stay up top for now. By learning that position it may help him when he goes back to the wing with different types of runs and finding more space.

I agree, he has to stay there until Jan and then we need to either sign someone or loan them.

Oh hell no.

But Brands has done loads of interviews, while it unlikely he would talk of failure, ive seen nothing to suggest we did.

Like wise with me I have seen nothing to suggest that we did not.

I have no doubt that Silva and brands know what is needed but happen they are biding their time for the right player to become available, only time will tell.

Like wise with me I have seen nothing to suggest that we did not.

I have no doubt that Silva and brands know what is needed but happen they are biding their time for the right player to become available, only time will tell.
It appears someone else who talks sense. They have come with a plan and so far so good in my opinion. If we can keep improving on the positions needed like we have then I have every faith in the two to take us forward and who knows where too

They were still two players who most thought we wouldn't get a good fee for but did. We need to get back to that.

You have a point Dave, but the problems arisen before Brands arrived really, we by the look of it , vastly overpaid for most of them signings. Teams knew we had a brand new billionaire owner, will sing to splash the cash for previously, cash strapped Everton. And they also knew we had to sell to buy, other teams knew this and there was limited time to act. What I am pleased with is the calibre of signings, Brands / Silva brought in this year.

You have a point Dave, but the problems arisen before Brands arrived really, we by the look of it , vastly overpaid for most of them signings. Teams knew we had a brand new billionaire owner, will sing to splash the cash for previously, cash strapped Everton. And they also knew we had to sell to buy, other teams knew this and there was limited time to act. What I am pleased with is the calibre of signings, Brands / Silva brought in this year.
Yes, there's a case to be made that previoulsy other clubs knew there was no wriggle room for Everton and that we had to maximise income from players leaving, so they didn't bother putting off haggling over a final fee, they just paid it.

However, the sheer volume of players (some who really should have commanded a fee upfront before a loan was necessary) going out and who will return is a problem stored.

This summer I'll be intrigued to see how Brands addresses this.

Yes, there's a case to be made that previoulsy other clubs knew there was no wriggle room for Everton and that we had to maximise income from players leaving, so they didn't bother putting off haggling over a final fee, they just paid it.

However, the sheer volume of players (some who really should have commanded a fee upfront before a loan was necessary) going out and who will return is a problem stored.

This summer I'll be intrigued to see how Brands addresses this.

Dave, we have to look at those loanees who are likely to come back and how long is their remaining contract. For example I would offer the likes of Bolassie in a cut down deal. But I am not fully conversant of a;; our loanees and their contract situation, no doubt there are some on here who do know.

Dave, we have to look at those loanees who are likely to come back and how long is their remaining contract. For example I would offer the likes of Bolassie in a cut down deal. But I am not fully conversant of a;; our loanees and their contract situation, no doubt there are some on here who do know.
That becomes harder if the contract is left with 12 months/18months on it. You basically cant give those players away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back