Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's been alright upfront but in general before he first moved to that position he was excellent on the left.

Today he started on the left and ended up doing a bit of everything, wasn't a performance in the same vein as his early season showings.

Definitely need a top striker.

That's the thing, he was boss out wide before moving into the middle, but for some reason lads now think he's a striker, even though he's actually been mostly poor through the middle.

It just doesn't happen matey. Or it shouldn't, anyway.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but who would you drop him for?

Your post seemed to read only "he doesn't need dropping" when i replied.

The post is purely about richarlison. Any player whose levels are dropping may be in need of a rest. I wouldn't be surprised if he did given his involvement with Brazil. Whether we have the option to is another matter. We may have to if we want the best out of him.

The post is purely about richarlison. Any player whose levels are dropping may be in need of a rest. I wouldn't be surprised if he did given his involvement with Brazil. Whether we have the option to is another matter. We may have to if we want the best out of him.

His levels may have dropped yet he scored the goal.

He's also the only player we have that can play up top and truly make Silva's system tick. It doesn't work with Tosun and DCL doesn't have the goal threat.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but if he really does need a rest when he’s only played 10 games for us, we’re going to have a bit of an issue with him I think, because that’s not really acceptable.

His levels may have dropped yet he scored the goal.

He's also the only player we have that can play up top and truly make Silva's system tick. It doesn't work with Tosun and DCL doesn't have the goal threat.

I want Richarlison up top to work as much as anyone. Tosun clearly doesn't have the pace to play up top for us regularly.

My point is only that if he is indeed in need of a rest, we may as well give it to him, rather than exhaust a crucial part of pur attack. I don't think he's been great at all recently.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but if he really does need a rest when he’s only played 10 games for us, we’re going to have a bit of an issue with him I think, because that’s not really acceptable.

It's not particularly uncommon for young players. Particularly forwards. Walcott certainly needed taking out.

At 17 maybe, but at 21? He shouldn’t need resting in early December when we’re not in Europe, and he missed 3 and a half games with a sending off surely.

There is absolutely nothing worrying about a 21 yo forward needing taking out for a game. It mightn't be fatigue as much as struggling for form. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if Walcott, who was just struggling for form, benefited from his dropping.

There is absolutely nothing worrying about a 21 yo forward needing taking out for a game. It mightn't be fatigue as much as struggling for form. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if Walcott, who was just struggling for form, benefited from his dropping.
You specifically talked about needing a rest though not being dropped for poor form. Hence me talking about why he shouldn’t need a rest. Being taken out for poor form would be both a completely different thing and utterly ridiculous, when he’s far and away our biggest goal threat.

That's the thing, he was boss out wide before moving into the middle, but for some reason lads now think he's a striker, even though he's actually been mostly poor through the middle.

He hasn't been poor though Lou.

I don't think he's a classic no.9, not at all.

But he's the best fit that we currently have for the system Silva wants to play. We need pace and a goal threat and intelligence in that position and he offers that.

That's it. That's the reason why I see him as the forward in this team for now. Not because I think he's an ace slotter particularly, but because he fits the system and therefore as a team we play better.

You can't tell me that the football we've been playing while he's been central hasn't been much improved on what we saw before (and tonight)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back