Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
You specifically talked about needing a rest though not being dropped for poor form. Hence me talking about why he shouldn’t need a rest. Being taken out for poor form would be both a completely different thing and utterly ridiculous, when he’s far and away our biggest goal threat.

I've already addressed all of that above.

Keeps on trying to do too much.

He creates the space for a pass 9\10, then carries on dribbling or doing a trick instead of releasing it early when the opposition defenders are out of position, then loses the ball.

He's got great technical ability but isn't experienced enough to use it well most of the time.

He hasn't been poor though Lou.

I don't think he's a classic no.9, not at all.

But he's the best fit that we currently have for the system Silva wants to play. We need pace and a goal threat and intelligence in that position and he offers that.

That's it. That's the reason why I see him as the forward in this team for now. Not because I think he's an ace slotter particularly, but because he fits the system and therefore as a team we play better.

You can't tell me that the football we've been playing while he's been central hasn't been much improved on what we saw before (and tonight)?

I'd like to see more link up between him and Bernard/Walcott/Lookman to bring them into play. There's no doubt we struggle painfully at times to score, even against crap like Newcastle and Cardiff and this would certainly help.

Tosun actually does this better, but of course has no pace and no end product, which are both far more important.

He hasn't been poor though Lou.

I don't think he's a classic no.9, not at all.

But he's the best fit that we currently have for the system Silva wants to play. We need pace and a goal threat and intelligence in that position and he offers that.

That's it. That's the reason why I see him as the forward in this team for now. Not because I think he's an ace slotter particularly, but because he fits the system and therefore as a team we play better.

You can't tell me that the football we've been playing while he's been central hasn't been much improved on what we saw before (and tonight)?

He just doesn't do it for me up front Toff, and one of the things that really cheeses me off is how ball greedy he is, the number of times in games where there has been a ball on, but he has chose to have a pop at goal, or try and take a load of players on, only to then lose the ball, he needs to start looking up a tad more.

He was boss when he first came in and was played out wide, cutting inside, he was a massive headache for defenders, now he's playing with his back to goal more he just doesn't look as dangerous. Now I know it's more out of necessity him playing up front, but it's a waste, just my opinion like mate.

He just doesn't do it for me up front Toff, and one of the things that really cheeses me off is how ball greedy he is, the number of times in games where there has been a ball on, but he has chose to have a pop at goal, or try and take a load of players on, only to then lose the ball, he needs to start looking up a tad more.

He was boss when he first came in and was played out wide, cutting inside, he was a massive headache for defenders, now he's playing with his back to goal more he just doesn't look as dangerous. Now I know it's more out of necessity him playing up front, but it's a waste, just my opinion like mate.

Absolutely. I think Silva has said he's asking Richarlison to learn the position though, so there's hope this'll improve with time.

Agree with your points about him not being as good with his back to goal but agree with BlueToff that he's the best option for our system at present as Tosun is too slow and DCL is too poor at shooting.

For all Richarlison's faults he wins freekicks all the time and uses his pace to stretch defenders, which is more than any of of other strikers can do atm.

Do people moaning at Richarlison up top actually watch our games?

Don't they realise we actually have no good centre forward on the books.

Games where Tosun or DCL have started up top:

Huddersfield 1-1
Wolves 2-2
Bournemouth 2-2
West Ham 1-3
Newcastle 1-1
Arsenal 0-2

The majority of our dropped points / poor games have come from either tweedle dee or tweedle dum starting.

Silva obviously wants Rico out wide left but he cant do anything until he signs a striker in January!!

Do people moaning at Richarlison up top actually watch our games?

Don't they realise we actually have no good centre forward on the books.

Games where Tosun or DCL have started up top:

Huddersfield 1-1
Wolves 2-2
Bournemouth 2-2
West Ham 1-3
Newcastle 1-1
Arsenal 0-2

The majority of our dropped points / poor games have come from either tweedle dee or tweedle dum starting.

Silva obviously wants Rico out wide left but he cant do anything until he signs a striker in January!!

I suspect I'm being lumped in here because I suggested a game off the bench might help him out. For the record, I think he's utterly superb and am absolutely not slating him.

He’s going to be a player that we love but we all get frustrated with. He gets involved with petty things too much and spends half the match on the floor then will do something brilliant.

But the point of a striker in this system is to drag the defence around. Yes, we need the goals, but he does give us more of a goal threat than any of our other strikers currently do. So he has to play there, at least for now.

I'd rather him play up top, than have him running down blind alleys like he did tonight. I think that's more of a waste of his talent personally.

We clearly do need a striker and it has to be the right fit of player to ensure that we have options.

I suspect I'm being lumped in here because I suggested a game off the bench might help him out. For the record, I think he's utterly superb and am absolutely not slating him.

I know you aren't slating him mate, but we go into a huge game against Watford. We've got 5 days to prepare. You don't drop your main goal threat - especially considering it's against his, and the manager's, former club.

I know you aren't slating him mate, but we go into a huge game against Watford. We've got 5 days to prepare. You don't drop your main goal threat - especially considering it's against his, and the manager's, former club.

"Huge game"? What?

I'm not going to go over the rest again, you're just going to have to go back and read it more carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back