Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are ways of playing without having the striker hold the ball up. We should explore trying these as we don't have a striker who can both hold it up and score goals and the scoring goals part is more important.
Very true, but it felt like he was playing much better with that option near the beginning of the season, things just aren't clicking at the minute

Very true, but it felt like he was playing much better with that option near the beginning of the season, things just aren't clicking at the minute
The problem for me is that Tosun wasn't scoring or really threatening to score and we just aren't good enough to have a striker who isn't putting the ball in the net

Played 10 games as striker this season. We have won 5 of those games. He has scored 5 goals. Whether that is his long term postion or not we need to perceive with him up front and bring in more players who can be a goal threat.

Football has changed. there are very few big target men now a days. Salah is playing central. Aubameyang does little else besides poach goals. City have mobile front players. .Kane has great movement and finishing.

Gomes and Bernard have yet to score and Walcott and tosun are not producing or getting game time. So a lot is dependent on Richarlson.

Played 10 games as striker this season. We have won 5 of those games. He has scored 5 goals. Whether that is his long term postion or not we need to perceive with him up front and bring in more players who can be a goal threat.

Football has changed. there are very few big target men now a days. Salah is playing central. Aubameyang does little else besides poach goals. City have mobile front players. .Kane has great movement and finishing.

Gomes and Bernard have yet to score and Walcott and tosun are not producing or getting game time. So a lot is dependent on Richarlson.
This is exactly what I've been saying in the transfer window thread. The problem isn't Richarlison it's those around him and the general way we are trying to play.

Did he do any today? I remember only the Evans tackle which was a nasty one and should have been at least yellow.
Yeah there was one he stayed down on, and low and behold a minute later he was running around like nothing had happened.
Didn't he do it at Brighton and Coleman?Never bothered putting the ball out?
He badly needs to pack it in, no one is fooled

Yeah there was one he stayed down on, and low and behold a minute later he was running around like nothing had happened.
I think it was only the Evans one today which was a bad foul. I don't love it but at the same time the lad does get utterly assaulted weekly.

He's not playing well.

But for me he needs to be central - he needs to be central to our team and we are a better team, at the moment, with him in a striker role.

Let him get involved closer to goal. He's useless just falling over out on the wing.

This is exactly what I've been saying in the transfer window thread. The problem isn't Richarlison it's those around him and the general way we are trying to play.

For me the problem is that of the 3 attacking positions (left/centre/right) we only have Richarlison who can be very effective.

The opposition know this and go in hard on him and stick players around him to compensate.

If we had 2 threats up there with him then he would have alot more space to move into when carrying the ball.

For me, we just need to sign players and we will see the best of him.

For me the problem is that of the 3 attacking positions (left/centre/right) we only have Richarlison who can be very effective.

The opposition know this and go in hard on him and stick players around him to compensate.

If we had 2 threats up there with him then he would have alot more space to move into when carrying the ball.

For me, we just need to sign players and we will see the best of him.

An interesting theory.

He just had a bad game, it happens.

Blaming his team mates is a bit of a cop out tho.

Richarlison is more effective on the wing when he had one defender to go at instead of 2. Also tracks back and provides cover for digne, that partnership should be an upgrade on baines/pienaar

Brands or Silva need to reign in all the play acting from this fella
Agree here.

I have no problem with players being a bit snide, but you need to be a bit savvy to pull it off and he isn’t.

If you continually hurl yourself at the ground at the slightest touch, then you begin to develop a reputation and refs are more likely to wave away legitimate fouls.

It’s like giving the opposition extra license to kick seven shades out of him.

It also doesn’t help our cause when we win possession and try to attack with a man down because he’s too busy rolling around on the deck.

At away games he's givng their fans that spark that we always look for at Goodison and he needs to stop. Even yesterday at Goodison the home crowd were getting annoyed at him, one moment in the 2nd half when he stayed on the floor when we should have been pushing for a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back