Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he’s been pretty poor since being put up top. A goal today covered up a pretty awful game from him. Bernard needs to be dropped and Richarlison needs to go back to where he started today even though he had a poor game

Think he’s been pretty poor since being put up top. A goal today covered up a pretty awful game from him. Bernard needs to be dropped and Richarlison needs to go back to where he started today even though he had a poor game
He didn't play up top today until the 70th minute. He spent a majority of the time out wide and produced very little as you say. For me he's a striker. Even his time at Watford he was displaying more of a striker skillset than a winger and that is still the case here. When he plays out wide his best moments come when he gets into the box and gets on the end of things and not so much from his dribbling, passing and crossing.

7 goals so far this season...i hope he can net a couple against watford, would be great if he can hit double figures by xmas.
Think he will score,we will win 2-1,and think he may have 10 goals but by Leicester game-i feel more confident about winning this,than v newcastle

Marco Silva believes Richarlison has quality to score 20 goals a season
• Silva feels he has the man to fill Romelu Lukaku’s boots
• Everton manager preparing to face his old club Watford

3539.jpg

Richarlison celebrates after scoring for Everton against Newcastle United.

Marco Silva and Richarlison both face their former club Watford for the first time at Goodison Park on Monday, with the manager suggesting his striker could become the 20-goal-a-season man Everton have struggled to find since parting with Romelu Lukaku.
That might be a big task if Richarlison, who cost Everton £35m to acquire from Watford, has to keep playing in wide positions rather than as a central striker, though Silva feels he has plenty of goals still to come.

“He has seven already, which is not a bad number when you consider he missed two games through suspension,” the Everton manager said. “I am happy with him but I still think he can do better in terms of goals, he certainly has the quality.”

Richarlison’s latest goal, against Newcastle, only restored parity as Everton dropped another couple of points at home, but Silva is unconcerned over his side scoring only twice in their last four matches. “You have to take into account that two of those matches were at Chelsea and Liverpool,” he pointed out. “They are not easy places for any team to score goals, yet at both Stamford Bridge and Anfield we created chances.

“I agree we should probably take more of our chances, we created enough in the first half against Newcastle to have won the game, but points in the Premier League are not always easy to come by. Every game brings its own challenge, and the main thing is to keep working and believing. I look at my friend Nuno at Wolves, whose team lost five times but came back to beat Chelsea.”

Silva knows Watford well – “That’s true, but they know me very well also” – and was not surprised by their robust start to the season. “They have some good attacking players who can create problems. We are expecting a tough game but it is not different because it is Watford, it is just another home game it is important to try and win. What happened in the past is history now.

“This will not be the first time I will face a former club and unfortunately I doubt it will be the last. That is bound to happen over time when you are trying to build a managerial career. It is not important now to talk about how my time at Watford ended. Things have moved on but I have big respect for every club I have worked for.”

We play watford tonight and could go 6th

Story printed about our best player being linked away

Standard clickbait garbage which will have the usual suspects flapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back