Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
80m or not are we just gonna keep selling our best young players because the money is too good to resist, we'll build nothing if that's the case and just keep rotting as the team who always manages to get 7/8/9th.

18 months ago, September 2017 he'd scored a number of goals for watford and was in good form since then he has scored 11 goals and 2 assists in about 50 games. His actual ability to play, when you watch him actually looks worse than it did 18 months ago. Blind runs, throwing himself to the floor (very roughly) and not finding a blue with a pass.He is back in his (apparent) favourite position yet is struggling to beat his man in a whole 90 minute game.

For 45mil I would have expected to see some more ability develop over his time here.

As I said, if he was RS we'd be pi55ing ourselves.

For one, we didn't pay £45m. If we pay £45m, he'll have gone on to achieve the add ons built in.

And I'm baffled how you can't see some development.

He's been played in three-four different roles, and one of them in a large chunk of the season he was probably sacrificing what he's best at in order to help the team. That's all well and good because it's a team game and personally I think he's better as close to goal as possible, but it's still not his game to be up against two grock CBs in most games.

You said a few weeks ago that "unfortunately Richarlison scores goals". It's a really strange thing to not like a player who scores goals like, especially when we have one other player in double figures and then the next highest scorer has five.

If you asked any reasonable football fan (of any club) if Richarlison had improved on his performances from last season, they'd say yes.

He had his best game for us recently in the win v Huddersfield. That left inside forward role in a proper 4-3-3. He's not a winger, he's not a striker. He's somewhere in between and a proper front three can get that out of him.

Also, on your last point, if he was at the RS, those 10 league goals he's scored would have them top on goal difference - and I'm pretty sure given the chances they create, he'd have bagged more, like.

He isn't playing well at the moment, but overall he's been by far one of our best performers this season.

80m or not are we just gonna keep selling our best young players because the money is too good to resist, we'll build nothing if that's the case and just keep rotting as the team who always manages to get 7/8/9th.

The club has shown no indication of any plans to sell Rich. I highly doubt there is anything in this link to Atleti either. That club is in serious debt and don't just go out and spend £80m on players.

It's more the fact that we have fans who seem intent on selling our top scorers every season running.

what does 80 mill get you in next seasons market anyway, footys going mad with money.

for me hes the only player in our team who has real star value, wed be better holding on as long as possible

(of any club) if Richarlison had improved on his performances from last season, they'd say yes.

He had his best game for us recently in the win v Huddersfield. That left inside forward role in a proper 4-3-3. He's not a winger, he's not a striker. He's somewhere in between and a proper front three can get that out of him.

hes literally scored twice as many as last season, id play him up front tho, hes a poacher for me got good insticts for goals and can go missing too often on the wing. he might get bullied by defenders but theres always gonna be a chance for him to have a shot up front

hes literally scored twice as many as last season, id play him up front tho, hes a poacher for me got good insticts for goals and can go missing too often on the wing. he might get bullied by defenders but theres always gonna be a chance for him to have a shot up front
Whether he plays on the left or up front he can't be expected to just fill in like a typical player would in those positions. Trying to make him a winger or creator out wide isn't his game. The creativity needs to come from the right, middle and Digne overlapping in that formation so he can get in the box. Up top he needs to have good passing play so he isn't expected to hold it up against CBs. We don't do any of this so he hasn't looked good lately.

To some degree Silva should have a system that he tries to get his players to work into or that he can buy players for. At the same time he needs to be able to make adjustments based on what he does have. Richarlison is one of a growing list who is being asked to do things he can't without the manager looking to utilize what he can do.

Yeah let’s sell all our best players, it’s worked out so well in the past hasn’t it?

£75m for Rom was a no brainer when we had class players like DCL, Sandro and later Tosun to replace him. And don’t get me started on that yard dog Stones!
This for me is different
The players you mention had sadly outgrown us and were always going to play for the bigger type clubs
Richarlison is nowhere near that level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back