2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSG feels nailed on, to me. Reckon Messi will take his MLS retirement move now and Richy will slot in there. Big mates with Neymar, isn’t he?

The problem is, is that Neymar isn’t very popular in Paris, and they’re trying to find a way of getting him out.
Hence the massive Barcelona links last summer.

Unless of course he’s a Neymar replacement.

Not enough that is shabby. We could have paid almost £50m for him in the first place. He starts for the Brazilian National team. £80m from aboard.
We’ll see, mate. If we were talking about what he’s worth to our club then we’d want north of £100m I’m sure but the issue here is what has plagued us for a number of years, now: players are only worth what their suitors are willing to pay.

I say £50m+, you say £80m. I sincerely hope the vaults turn out to be kinder to you than me in this instance!

If we lost Richarlison but managed to get Gallagher, Zinchenko and Keane-Potter as a result, would you be happy?

I'd be shattered about losing Richarlison, but very satisfied with the replacements and upgrades across the pitch.

Absolutely not.

I want Lewis-Potter, but he’s untested in the league, I want him additionally.

Zinchenko is garbage. How many players have Man City willingly let go in recent time who have been decent? E.g. Delph.

Gallagher all day but Richarlison is our best player and that’s not the way to sort it out.

This might be unpopular but whether he wants out or not we have to sell him this summer

Nope

We need to sell him if he wants to go AND we get a good offer. If he wants to stay then obviously we should keep.

Keeping unhappy players is something we should just stop as much as possible going forward. Thankfully we should be able to get a good fee for him if he does go.

Out of all our prize assets, he's the one I wanted least to sell.
His work-rate and passion embody everything a fan could want from a football player.

Will be sad to see him go, he is irreplaceable in some regards. But if we have any chance of rebuilding this team, one of the top dogs has to be sold.

If he's off, then I sincerely wish him all the best.
No hard feelings, he deserves to be playing in Europe.

This might be unpopular but whether he wants out or not we have to sell him this summer
That’s just untrue rather than unpopular, though it is also unpopular well done.

We’ve already wiped out wasted wages on Sigurdsson, Tosun, Delph and others
A few decent sales like Gomes, Keane etc. who wipe out plenty of wage and give us a bit of money back and we can keep Richy.

Also, if we need to sell one of our strikers I’d choose Dom for the sacrifice.

If we wants off, he’ll go obviously, but it seems funny he’d really double down on Everton love and kopite baiting recently if he was off…

That’s just untrue rather than unpopular, though it is also unpopular well done.

We’ve already wiped out wasted wages on Sigurdsson, Tosun, Delph and others
A few decent sales like Gomes, Keane etc. who wipe out plenty of wage and give us a bit of money back and we can keep Richy.

Also, if we need to sell one of our strikers I’d choose Dom for the sacrifice.

If we wants off, he’ll go obviously, but it seems funny he’d really double down on Everton love and kopite baiting recently if he was off…
Not really

He might end up being an Everton supporter for the rest of his life, he might continue to wind up liverpool fans for the rest of his career, and he might also fancy playing for Real Madrid.

All of those things can be true. Leaving Everton doesn't mean he doesn't like Everton.

Much as I’d hate to see him go, I do worry that for a lot of internationals, but especially the Brazilians, the mid-season World Cup is going to be a massive distraction this season. Wherever Richy plays his big goal this year is winning the World Cup. His attitude is exemplary but I do think there’s a risk of an impact on his performance in the build up or, depending on the outcome, in the aftermath.

Yeah, a World Cup performance can ramp the value but that would be countered by his contract running down if a new one isn’t signed. Clinging on we might not see the best of him next season and it might not be worth that risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back