2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Watford will be blown away by what £60+m has bought them, but nor am I particularly confident that we'll do a good job of spending the money.

We should refuse to sell him unless he hands in a transfer request. He has earned a fortune already and will only earn more but seeing as how much he wants to leave why should we honour his contract.

We should refuse to sell him unless he hands in a transfer request. He has earned a fortune already and will only earn more but seeing as how much he wants to leave why should we honour his contract.
Should be standard practice really when a player wants to leave, yet most of them end up getting loyalty payments instead, the game is gone!

I say transfer request, no sale below £70m cash, deal must be done within two weeks. All monies invested back into the squad.

u like dennis now??

Do I like a player whose had a good 2.5 months in his entire career? Playing centre forward.

Do i want us to do business where we end up with Dennis + £36mil for Richarlison?

By "us" and "we" I mean Everton.

Any Evertonian should be disgusted if this happens.

It shows a lack of footballing knowledge, scouting and common sense.

Word on the street is he has agreed to a new deal with us.

Wheres that street? Im moving there.

It is no surprise to me that Conte wants Richarlison. He likes players that work hard and will give everything on the pitch which is exactly what Richy does. This season his goals and assists no doubt saved us but you would be right in saying that his output before then was slightly underwhelming albeit still decent. That will come with being around better players as he's shown for Brazil he is capable of stepping up and leading the line for a top international side and on big stages such as the Copa or the Olympics.

What is often overlooked with Richarlison though is just how good he is off the ball and the amount of work and pressure he puts in. In the 19/20 and the 20/21 seasons he was the forward player with the most tackles in the PL and in the seasons before that he was regularly in the top 3. Last season was a poor year in comparison but I made a little graph below to show how he still stacks up as one of the best, if not the best forwards in the league in their off the ball defensive duties.

For a club like Everton that type of workrate is invaluable when it's coupled with goals and assists and it's a huge reason why we are likely asking for 60m+. The graph below is the list of forwards that either obtained more goals than Richarlison or more assists than him. You can see from the graph that of the five forwards who had a higher successful tackling percentage than Richarlison, none of them had more interceptions or blocks than him. You can also see that of the three forwards that had more interceptions and blocks than him, none of them had a better successful tackling percentage.

It also shows a player that we are linked with - Dennis. Though he isn't as good as Richarlison in these respects, he's not too far behind and this season he did make more overall tackles than him, scored the same (10 in total) and assisted one more goal than him (6 in total). For ~20m that would be a solid signing and would show that we can identify what our players who are leaving are good at, the gap they'll leave and how to potentially best replace them for a fraction of the selling price.

93-EE6-F48-05-F4-405-D-9-D85-4-BFE586767-ED.jpg

It is no surprise to me that Conte wants Richarlison. He likes players that work hard and will give everything on the pitch which is exactly what Richy does. This season his goals and assists no doubt saved us but you would be right in saying that his output before then was slightly underwhelming albeit still decent. That will come with being around better players as he's shown for Brazil he is capable of stepping up and leading the line for a top international side and on big stages such as the Copa or the Olympics.
What is often overlooked with Richarlison though is just how good he is off the ball and the amount of work and pressure he puts in. In the 19/20 and the 20/21 seasons he was the forward player with the most tackles in the PL and in the seasons before that he was regularly in the top 3. Last season was a poor year in comparison but I made a little graph below to show how he still stacks up as one of the best, if not the best forwards in the league in their off the ball defensive duties.

For a club like Everton that type of workrate is invaluable when it's coupled with goals and assists and it's a huge reason why we are likely asking for 60m+. The graph below is the list of forwards that either obtained more goals than Richarlison or more assists than him. You can see from the graph that of the five forwards who had a higher successful tackling percentage than Richarlison, none of them had more interceptions or blocks than him. You can also see that of the three forwards that had more interceptions and blocks than him, none of them had a better successful tackling percentage.

It also shows a player that we are linked with - Dennis. Though he isn't as good as Richarlison in these respects, he's not too far behind and this season he did make more overall tackles than him, scored the same (10 in total) and assisted one more goal than him (6 in total). For ~20m that would be a solid signing and would show that we can identify what our players who are leaving are good at, the gap they'll leave and how to potentially best replace them for a fraction of the selling price.

93-EE6-F48-05-F4-405-D-9-D85-4-BFE586767-ED.jpg
No one has ever overlooked that mate.

That's why asking circa £60M to let him go is unacceptable.

This is an £80M player. Other clubs (and many of our own fans) need to get that through their heads.

No one has ever overlooked that mate.

That's why asking circa £60M to let him go is unacceptable.

This is an £80M player. Other clubs (and many of our own fans) need to get that through their heads.

You've just said it yourself. Non-Everton fans regularly do.

Status
Not open for further replies.