2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a nonsense how they can spend so freely after having the sale of the club. Financial fair play is only fair if you're a big established club.
Because RA has gone and they've just been bought and they have massive revenue streams so why could they not spend freely mate?

We paid Watford £40m all in Joey, it was a £34m starting price. Those extra add ons haven't been met so far from what I know.

£60-65m given our financial position is what we can hope for.

Toffee tv said we paid 32m down for Richarlison, with the rest in (likely unrecognised due to poor team performance) add ons. I'd be surprised I'd we have paid more than 35m for him at this point.

They get apparently 20% of anything above 40m. So if he goes for 55m that would be £3m. A good signing for us really.

All Moshiri had to do was say No, unfortunately the clueless get went ‘what the hell’ and signed the cheques anyway

Why would he do that though he isn't a footballing man hence why he appointed Walsh and Brands to do that very job !!

You think these Yank overlords coming in will have a clue and veto any poor signings? As if they wouldnt know what a Winks was never mind know he isn't worth £20 million.

Toffee tv said we paid 32m down for Richarlison, with the rest in (likely unrecognised due to poor team performance) add ons. I'd be surprised I'd we have paid more than 35m for him at this point.

They get apparently 20% of anything above 40m. So if he goes for 55m that would be £3m. A good signing for us really.
Oh we've paid around £40m from what I know - but it was the other add ons that went to £50m etc - from what I've been told they've not come close to being achieved as they were Europe/success related and we haven't had that

Regardless, it's 10% btw now 40m, and from the Watford side it's been briefed that it's 10% of the total fee (my understanding was initially it was as you say 10% of the profit), but we'll see.

But it's why if we could get, say £40m plus Bergwijn, I'd honestly be pretty happy. We've got a decent player in return, we've got £40m in and we don't have to pay Watford anything. We've solved the FFP issue due to Richarlison's book value being circa £10m at this stage, so we'd be £30m up, and already have one replacement through the door. But we'll see.

Sad day when one of our crown jewels is poached by Spurs as they can offer a higher level / standard of football.
We reached rock bottom last year and this is the lowest point we have reached.
Good luck to him though. Think it's the wrong club but wish him the best.
Let's now focus on rebuilding our stature and hope we never plumb those depths again.
Still hoping for a massive clear out of players who should never appear for us again.

Why would he do that though he isn't a footballing man hence why he appointed Walsh and Brands to do that very job !!

You think these Yank overlords coming in will have a clue and veto any poor signings? As if they wouldnt know what a Winks was never mind know he isn't worth £20 million.
Really mate? Really? That’s your defence? If you’re an owner you want to be making sure you are getting value before you agreed to release funds.

Really mate? Really? That’s your defence? If you’re an owner you want to be making sure you are getting value before you agreed to release funds.

Yes really.

If I bought an Ice Hockey team I wouldn't have a clue who's a good Ice Hockey player or not - would you?

Wouldn't you therefore hire people who are in the Ice Hockey business who know the sport?

So you go and hire highly rated people in the business to sign players - why would you then proceed to stop said employee signing Ice Hockey players when you haven't a clue if they are any good or not?

Yes really.

If I bought an Ice Hockey team I wouldn't have a clue who's a good Ice Hockey player or not - would you?

Wouldn't you therefore hire people who are in the Ice Hockey business who know the sport?

So you go and hire highly rated people in the business to sign players - why would you then proceed to stop said employee signing Ice Hockey players when you haven't a clue if they are any good or not?
The same reason why you wouldnt spend 27million on a Striker from Turkey cos you watched him have a good game when you went the game with your mates for a piss up.

Sad day when one of our crown jewels is poached by Spurs as they can offer a higher level / standard of football.
We reached rock bottom last year and this is the lowest point we have reached.
Good luck to him though. Think it's the wrong club but wish him the best.
Let's now focus on rebuilding our stature and hope we never plumb those depths again.
Still hoping for a massive clear out of players who should never appear for us again.
How is playing under Conte in a team that has already proved they supply there forwards very well a bad move for him?

Yes really.

Yes I would, better go and tell Moshers to hire some people that have a clue how to run a football club albeit 6 years late.

Yes really.

I know what you're saying mate, but I don't necessarily demand that they know much about football. I want them to know about business, so they turn Everton into a money making machine, that makes its own cash so we don't have to rely on owners cash, just their business acumen. Right now we are run terribly poorly, having to go cap in hand to the owner every year

Status
Not open for further replies.