2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you have read the script mate. :cool:
I have no problem with Spurs in this.

I think that at least in part they helped us get out of a financial hole.

I would say that it is a big season for ye.
Levy has heavily backed his manager, which doesn't always happen and he will expect results.

It will be great or awful I am not sure what the middle ground would be.

I have no problem with Spurs in this.

I think that at least in part they helped us get out of a financial hole.

I would say that it is a big season for ye.
Levy has heavily backed his manager, which doesn't always happen and he will expect results.

It will be great or awful I am not sure what the middle ground would be.
TBH - he is a great talent when he wants to be - he may sulk a lot at Spurs if he is left out or subbed .... we are in dire trouble financially - we have undersold him - Everton that .....

Overall i think hes a weird signing for Spurs, just like Pienaar.

I dont think the fans will take to him to be honest. Hes full of honesty, fight and effort, but hes not the most gifted technical player, hes fine but if you are used to watching Son, Kulu and even Bergwijn then i think Richarlison may frustrate the Spurs love in with players who play football the "Spurs way", it that was ever a real thing. Hes more George Graham, then Bill Nicholson, Good honest, fighting player with loads of heart.

Dont see him staying there long term, not sure things will work out for him to be honest.

I dont think the fans will take to him to be honest. Hes full of honesty, fight and effort, but hes not the most gifted technical player, hes fine but if you are used to watching Son, Kulu and even Bergwijn then i think Richarlison may frustrate the Spurs love in wiht players who play football the "Spurs way", it that was ever a real thing. Hes more George Graham, then Bill Nicholson, Good honest, fighting player with loads of heart.

Dont seeing staying there long term, not sure things will work out for him to be honest.

Its funny how very few top players leave either us or the RS and go on to make as big an impact elswhere.

I've always said the City is a hotbed of football and the pedestal you are put on by scousers if you're a good player is completely different to moving to a Spurs or Leeds or Villa etc imo.

I think he'll do alright there but I could easily see a fall oot with Conte and/or the fans not fully taking to him.

For me he's someone who has to feel like the star man in the fans eyes - he wont get that at Spurs.

Aaawhhhh how sweet.. he said he loves us and will miss us on Twitter. I'd say it'll be a while before he gets over us.

Here it is if anyone missed it

I love the way he can't even get the spelling of the chant right. A Freudian slip, methinks, and a bad omen...

Its funny how very few top players leave either us or the RS and go on to make as big an impact elswhere.

I've always said the City is a hotbed of football and the pedestal you are put on by scousers if you're a good player is completely different to moving to a Spurs or Leeds or Villa etc imo.

I think he'll do alright there but I could easily see a fall oot with Conte and/or the fans not fully taking to him.

For me he's someone who has to feel like the star man in the fans eyes - he wont get that at Spurs.

Just think its a bad move for him and the wrong fit mate. I dont think he will be appreciated there and i dont think he will raise his profile, i also dont think he will get the oppurtunites he thinks he may or will be as loved as he was here.

Think the whole thing is weird to be honest, i wouldn't play him ahead of Son, Kane or Kulu, so he might cover in some games - but really is that a good thing for him in the context of a move. Also i dont think the Spurs fans will enjoy his style of play. He wont get the foudation there he got here, i mean hes not taking the ball of Kane for penalties next season is he and that was a large part of his goalscoreing return.

You know i wouldn't even put it past Conte trying him as a wing back there, in the way he did with Moses at Chelsea and what would that do for his Brazil career - which he cherishes.

I think its a bad move for the lad, if i was picking a move it wouldn't have been this.

That not sour grapes, he deserved his move and i hope it works out for him as i love the lad, but i just dont see it. Wouldn't be surprised if he comes back here at some point. Things turn very quickly there, they signed Pienaar and then loaned him straight back to us, and Dele and Winks were playing in the CL final a couple of seasons back.

The White doesn't suit him either, hes a lad who will get much on his shirt. lol

Last edited:

I dont think the fans will take to him to be honest. Hes full of honesty, fight and effort, but hes not the most gifted technical player, hes fine but if you are used to watching Son, Kulu and even Bergwijn then i think Richarlison may frustrate the Spurs love in with players who play football the "Spurs way", it that was ever a real thing. Hes more George Graham, then Bill Nicholson, Good honest, fighting player with loads of heart.

Dont see him staying there long term, not sure things will work out for him to be honest.
Only time will tell how it works for Richarlison at Spurs but he certainly likes being the main man.
Spurs already have their heroes and he may find that difficult.

But, really none of us have a clue how he will get on.

Just think its a bad move for him and the wrong fit mate. I dont think he will be appreciated there and i dont think he will raise his profile, i also dont think he will get the oppurtunites he thinks he may or will be as loved as he was here.

Think the whole thing is weird to be honest, i wouldn't play him ahead of Son, Kane or Kulu, so he might cover in some games - but really is that a good thing for him in the context of a move. Also i dont think the Spurs fans will enjoy his style of play. He wont get the foudation there he got here, i mean hes not taking the ball of Kane for penalties next season is he and that was a large part of his goalscoreing return.

You know i wouldn't even put it past Conte trying him as a wing back there, in the way he did with Moses at Chelsea and what would that do for his Brazil career - which he cherishes.

I think its a bad move for the lad, if i was picking a move it wouldn't have been this.

That not sour grapes, he deserved his move and i hope it works out for him as i love the lad, but i just dont see it. Wouldn't be surprised if he comes back here at some point. Things turn very quickly there, they signed Pienaar and then loaned him straight back to us, and Dele and Winks were playing in the CL final a couple of seasons back.

I could understand him leaving if he was 28/29 and his final chance at some kind of trophy but at 25 I think he should have stayed put tbh. Time BMD is built he could have led us oot to that first game in there with who knows a big takeover by that point and us going places.

Only move that made sense for him in England at current time would have been either Chelsea or to a lesser extent Arsenal who despite their fall from grace are still a big club and can win the odd trophy here and there - Spurs are just bottlers.

General sentiment appears to be that this is a bad signing for Spurs.

Have to disagree. In a season where Spurs will play in all comps, he’ll get a lot more game time than people think. If Conte decides on a 3-5-2 he’d be great foil up there with Kane as a second striker and can also do the wide man job in a 3-4-3.

Yes Son is a better finisher, but Richy’s pressing game is highly underrated and will be more of a nuisance than either Son or Kane, who are too brittle/slow respectively to play that way - hence why Spurs are predominantly counter attacking.

Will give a different dimension.

His goal return isn’t as bad as people think either. Almost one in three and second highest Brazilian slotter in Europe over the last three (?) seasons in an v poor Everton side.

Was my favourite player.
But he is no longer an Everton player.
Wish him well but am not overly interested in his career from this point.
Shouldn’t we close this thread now?
Please.

I could understand him leaving if he was 28/29 and his final chance at some kind of trophy but at 25 I think he should have stayed put tbh. Time BMD is built he could have led us oot to that first game in there with who knows a big takeover by that point and us going places.

Only move that made sense for him in England at current time would have been either Chelsea or to a lesser extent Arsenal who despite their fall from grace are still a big club and can win the odd trophy here and there - Spurs are just bottlers.

We're awful mate, thats why he was a star here, most went through him and much of his goal scoring was from penalties or scruffy ones he had to fight for, Kane gobbles all that up, so i just dont see the fit or how its good for him. Even the Spurs lads are saying he will be a decent squad player, he wont be happy with that and he will over do it when he gets a chance - if there is one flaw to his mentality he looses the head when hes under pressure - I can see it now....

Status
Not open for further replies.