Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez and Everton heading for £10million compensation battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have won no trophies in 20 years. 15 years he was chairman.

He's now cost the club £23 million.

But didn't he hire Moyes who made serious dosh in the market and also not to mention saved us from relegation that was looking inevitable. So 23 million is penny's compared to what he's done for the club. I think he had something to do with Mosh buying us also.

So if we sell Stones and Lukaku for 45m and 65m are you going to say he's made the club 56m then?

We have made some good decisions and some bad decisions in the last 15 years and we definitely have been hampered by his lack of money. I am happy that he waited and seems to have found the right man in Moshiri rather than selling us to Lerner, Venkys etc.

I'm no Kenwright apologist and there have been some poor decisions made, but we could be in a far worse place than we are now.

But didn't he hire Moyes who made serious dosh in the market and also not to mention saved us from relegation that was looking inevitable. So 23 million is penny's compared to what he's done for the club. I think he had something to do with Mosh buying us also.

Just wait till my mate @davek comes back.

He will set you straight on just what a 'success' the last 15 years of Bill Kenwright have been.

Anyone claiming Bill Kenwright is OK. Despite costing the club £23 million in the past 12 months is simply pandering to mediocre chairmanship. At best.

So if we've not won a trophy in 20 years, how has Martinez been fairly dismissed? His results are at least on par with the last 20 years, in fact one season was the best in the Premier League era.

How many more times are you going to be wrong?

Because relegation form is hardly a good level of performance is it?

But let's not let the facts get in the way of the truth, shall we?

Yes. Indeed how many more times are you going to be wrong.

Look, after his first season we all thought we had found "the one", so lets not focus to much on Kenwright giving him the big fat contract, the majority of people at the time praised it and didnt have a problem, maybe a slight short sightedness on Bills behalf by not entering some kind of clauses, but hey ho.

The fact is he didnt do a great job, but we still gotta pay the fella, thats just the way football works, so we "owe" him 3 years, he can either sit on his arse for the next 3 years and get paid by us or we box him off with a few mill and send him on his way, hopefully the utter fraud gets a job very soon and takes some of his recent signings with him.

Look, after his first season we all thought we had found "the one", so lets not focus to much on Kenwright giving him the big fat contract, the majority of people at the time praised it and didnt have a problem, maybe a slight short sightedness on Bills behalf by not entering some kind of clauses, but hey ho.

The fact is he didnt do a great job, but we still gotta pay the fella, thats just the way football works, so we "owe" him 3 years, he can either sit on his arse for the next 3 years and get paid by us or we box him off with a few mill and send him on his way, hopefully the utter fraud gets a job very soon and takes some of his recent signings with him.

SLIGHT? :coffee:

Chelsea were paying Jose for months after sacking him until he joined United, its the way it works Damo, both parties have protection, the club knows the manager cant just walk out and join somebody else and the manager knows if he gets sacked he still gets paid, modern football mate, aint it grand.

I don't like it.

Because relegation form is hardly a good level of performance is it?

But let's not let the facts get in the way of the truth, shall we?

Yes. Indeed how many more times are you going to be wrong.

Like the relegation form Moyes would have us in until Xmas most seasons?

He didn't get us relegated either.

I'm sure you're privy to Martinez's KPIs as much as I am, but I'd bet my house on it there's nothing in his contract regarding anything other than getting 40 points each season. If he hasn't broke his contract, he's in the right.

Keep being wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back