Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez and Everton heading for £10million compensation battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why wouldn't we be optimistic? The players he had on loan were eventually signed & things were looking up. Then he Wiganised us!
Exactly.

After that season, we looked a shadow of the team we ended up, and perspective here is it came after so many years of moyes boring cowards football where we didn't really do anything other than late surge to the top half every year.

Do you think we'll be paying him a percentage of anything we make on Lukaku & Mori? Probably even make on McCarthy...

The club gave him a contract & are legally bound to pay the remainder. End of story.

I haven't had any dealings with appointing a manager at a football club for many years and when I did it was at quite a low level however I know for a fact that it was commonplace in the past for managers at all levels who brought players into a club to be paid a % of any transfer profit .I had forgotten that fact till I read this post.

Thinking about it I would suspect that such clauses are less likely with the advent of head coaches who tend to be far less involved with the identification and indeed negations of incoming players compared to the role of manager whereby the individual is involved far more and if I seem to recall it was something that RM insisted on having.

Now I know 2 and 2 don't equal 5 but on the basis that one or possible two( Lukaku and McCarthy)of the players RM was instrumental in bringing in will possibly be sold on at a profit in this window then I just wonder (for as The Esk mentions about termination clauses and indeed it's very rare for the tribunal to sit to rule on compensation for ex managers/ head coaches ) if RM contract included such a clause and its value or indeed it's inclusion in any termination agreement is a point of dispute.

I don't recall the club searching for a manager when RM joined.

The 'gods' appeared to smiling down on everyone at the time: on Dave Whelan for the compensation we paid; on Roberto for avoiding a merited trip to The Championship, and on us for having (apparently) the ideal managerial candidate to take us forward.

No grafting at all. Perhaps laziness.

This time, thanks to Moshi perhaps, its different.Although
Koeman wasn't my first choice, our club sough a Manager, determinedly.
The future's bright. The future's Blue and White.
Fingers crossed of course.
C'mon Koeman!

I know for a fact that it was commonplace in the past for managers at all levels who brought players into a club to be paid a % of any transfer profit .I had forgotten that fact till I read this post.
As long as he pays us for Niasse and (*insert Roberto signing of choice here)...!

Billy Lair should pay it out of his own pocket, if he's stupid enough to make deals like that then he derserves what he gets. Martinez will want all the money he can get as i doubt that any half decent club would trust that rediculous clown to mow the pitch now, much less manage the team!

Damo getting a pasting again. lol

Martinez though, terrible manager and doesn't deserve a payout, unfortunately he has a contract. Football is mental.

I haven't had any dealings with appointing a manager at a football club for many years and when I did it was at quite a low level however I know for a fact that it was commonplace in the past for managers at all levels who brought players into a club to be paid a % of any transfer profit .I had forgotten that fact till I read this post.

Thinking about it I would suspect that such clauses are less likely with the advent of head coaches who tend to be far less involved with the identification and indeed negations of incoming players compared to the role of manager whereby the individual is involved far more and if I seem to recall it was something that RM insisted on having.

Now I know 2 and 2 don't equal 5 but on the basis that one or possible two( Lukaku and McCarthy)of the players RM was instrumental in bringing in will possibly be sold on at a profit in this window then I just wonder (for as The Esk mentions about termination clauses and indeed it's very rare for the tribunal to sit to rule on compensation for ex managers/ head coaches ) if RM contract included such a clause and its value or indeed it's inclusion in any termination agreement is a point of dispute.

Thanks terraloon

Wasn't a serious question, it was a response to the ridiculous suggestion that the club could hold him responsible for signing other players.

He'll get what the terms of his contract entitle him to, no more, no less, as he should. I know it's hard to swallow for some, but it's no different to other high paid positions & it doesn't compare to some of the CEOs of banks & big PLCs, who've driven them into the ground & still get huge payouts. Or a police chief responsible for Hilsborough getting retired on full pension etc... Some of the hate on this thread is a bit sad.

Come on boys, give the guy a break, even Millionaires worry about where their next Rolex is coming from.

Bobby is simply worried about his next pair of brown shoes.

Not only a chancer, now proves himself to be a joker too, should be charged with fraud.

Could we not just do the old trick of selling Lukaku to Chelsea for 20 million and Hibbert with him for 45 million?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back