Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's one on one duels in the box not won also.

Sorry, I can't take seriously any asinine view that the manager has not done his job when we utterly controlled that game and created loads of opportunities.

Want to find a game to blame the manager for? Find another one.

Great stuff.

And I can't take you seriously, Dave. Being so irremovable in your Martinez stance. None of which were clear cut. We won the possession stats, and the passing, and the shots off target stats.

Pick one of the other (6) defeats at home.

He picked a back four and GK who kept three previous clean sheets. Then they concede one. That should have been easy to wipe out if the players had done their job with all the attacking play.

No, sorry. The manager chose the right team, and the possession and chances prove it. Players didn't score? Not the managers fault.

More home losses than home wins. We were unlucky but he made errors today too. Horrific subs. But overall this season his management at home has been woeful. I blame him for the dismantling of Goodison as a feared venue for visiting teams.

Great stuff.

And I can't take you seriously, Dave. Being so irremovable in your Martinez stance. None of which were clear cut. We won the possession stats, and the passing, and the shots off target stats.

Pick one of the other (6) defeats at home.
I'm wrong when I say that 30 odd shots registered by our team not resulting in an Everton win is the players getting it wrong not the manager?

The worlds gone mad.

More home losses than home wins. We were unlucky but he made errors today too. Horrific subs. But overall this season his management at home has been woeful. I blame him for the dismantling of Goodison as a feared venue for visiting teams.
The fans did that.

We were let down by a few key players today. I don't blame Martinez for that, but the subs were just atrocious.

Kone is just bad and Osman is well past it. Del is fab, but why would you take off our best player in 3 straight games? Nonsensical.

Actually felt like we missed Naisy today. Seemed like the kind of game perfect for his style.

Rom looked like he just didn't care, there was a moment toward the end where Kone was running up with the ball on the left and rom was near a good position to receive a diagonal like he had been earlier in the season, but he made no effort to get clear of the defence and run into space and it went out of play and made Kone look bad (or worse). Can't blame RM for that.
Why he was trying to play out wide so much I haven't a clue. We needed him in the box to at least put a cross on his head when we couldn't play through 10 defenders. Perhaps this was on manager instruction? Hard to tell. Think he had less shots than 3 or 4 others. As a striker, he should always have the most.

Barkley tried but it was obvious he was out of ideas. That clear chance of his is one of those times you just want him to smash it low, not try anything showy, and he did the latter. Can't blame RM for this either.

West Brom parked the bus and scored a flukey goal which RM will use as reason to never give Joel a chance again.

I think responsibility for today's shambles lies with both players and manager 50/50. Not good enough from the players, bad calls from the manager.

Honestly, I don't know why the tortured souls bother (mind you, they all went missing the past two weeks I noticed). Roberto to anyone outside a few hundred people (probably the same ones posting in a few forums) is bringing through a fine body of young players playing great attacking football and just not getting the results they deserve.

The feller's Mr Everton and safe as houses. That must be a source of enormous frustration and I don't know why you torture yourselves with it because you know deep down Roberto will be here for at least another season. There's no way building a side like this and playing footy like this is getting anyone the bullet. We all know this, so it puzzles me where you get the energy from to comment. I know that there's a lot of displaced anger coming my way. I don't mind, but maybe you should just accept things and give it a rest for a while?

And yet they must see the support the away fans give every game and the results that come and know that level of support can bear fruit.
200.gif

Keep fighting Dave!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back