Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet they must see the support the away fans give every game and the results that come and know that level of support can bear fruit.

Fans who are at Goodison every week too. A nonsense argument. The fact you are blaming our fans to defend your agenda shows how bad things have got. If Roberto had any tactical nous the results would not have nosedived at home and the fans would not be so discontented. Dross winning regularly at goodison is unacceptable.

Fans who are at Goodison every week too. A nonsense argument. The fact you are blaming our fans to defend your agenda shows how bad things have got. If Roberto had any tactical nous the results would not have nosedived at home and the fans would not be so discontented. Dross winning regularly at goodison is unacceptable.
In regards tactical nous. How do you (your personal assessment) unlock a defense of 4 center backs and a team that puts all but one man behind the ball and other times all of them?

I am running out of excuses for us this season but today I think "just wasnt our day" (as much as I hate that phrase) , sums it up.
We are all enablers who make excuses for Everton who let us down so much so often and so badly , we gloss and avoid saying the truth because the truth hurts, we are hurting now. Today would have been a "wouldnt score till we played till midnight" in most seasons but this one its a disaster??? come on lads , time to chill
I am working on next weeks excuse now , "the cat did it" hasn't been used yet so could be fine time.

We are going in the right direction I think, season is pretty much a cross eyed duck pissing in a bucket so whats new.

lets be happy

I'm talking generally. Today was terrible subs and a woeful piece of defending. But overall this season we've defended shockingly and lacked fight at home.
200.gif

not sure the fans really buy into this style of football. its to slow and predictable only the odd breakaway to get excited about, and the odd win every so often , the crowd are frustrate, its up to the team/manager to change that.

Without doubt.

Really pisses me off this nonsense that Roberto is blameless and fans are at fault. Most goals conceded at home in europe's top 5 leagues. Scary stuff.

Again, tell me how all that is down to the manager. You say the subs didn't work and yet we were still creating.
Agenda, agenda, agenda.

We weren't creating. We took dozens of "hit and hope" shots, and only 6 out 34 were on target. WBA parked the bus and were happy for us to have the ball - look at the possession stats.

The huge, glaring error Martinez made today was leaving it too long to bring Del on, and not using Mirallas (arguably the best finisher at the club) at all when we desperately needed someone to run at defenders and draw fouls, and get some decent shots on target. Kone and Osman had no business getting on the field ahead of Del and Mirallas.

But I have come to the conclusion that you know all that, and deliberately state otherwise because you love a good WUMMING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back