Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol

God forbid we should expect to win a couple of games every now and then! The fact that we make such a song and dance about it when we do, just goes to show exactly how low our expectations have now fallen under this bloke.
...and yet when it happens the critics go missing and it all settles down until there's a defeat. Funny that.

...and yet when it happens the critics go missing and it all settles down until there's a defeat. Funny that.
Except we don't Dave. Only a knee jerking fool would change their mind about a manager based on three wins, when their previous opinion was based on 18+ months of the same problems and shortcomings - surely you can admit that?

Two wins won't change anything for me, and I don't understand why they would for anyone else. I don't kneejerk from result to result.

Wins when they actually mattered would have been nice. Until I see a run of 10-15 games of good form, which indicates he's turned the corner in terms of his ability to manage consistently, it's a definite out for me.

And five games from now we could lost the lot on the bounce and be 14th. It'd be kneejerk to make any decision on the back of a handful of results.

Encouraging signs, but not enough for me to change my mind. I want to see a manager who can manage a side to get results consistently, and I haven't seen that in 18 months now.

Only those who were hyperventilating over those three wins were calling "Martinez in". Those of us that have been basing our opinions on Martinez' entire body of work to date looked at this three results thought along the lines of "That's more like it - keep it up and maybe my opinion will start to change."

Here's what happened: Martinez didn't keep it up.
Here's what happened: We managed three decent wins against garbage teams
Here's what happened: We then faced a mid-table team with a tactically astute manager, and we lost. Again.

WBA weren't lucky in the true sense of the word; they played to their strengths and we failed to counter them, despite every single person on here knowing in advance how they would set up.

You are one of the lost souls @davek - those of us who have had enough of Martinez are trying to help you find your way back to the light.
Oh, I see, you're basing your whole critique on what Martinez has done to date are you?

Right, then you'll have in that body of evidence the fact he has run up our best PL record; that we are playing by almost everyone's reckoning our best football since the 80s; and that he has assembled a very very good group of players and is developing them as we speak.

We are what we are: one week a top 8 team which would have earned the dullard Moyes plaudits; next week we drop a couple of places. We are a midtable team developing our talents and looking to do well in the cuos.

How in all that you come to your doomsday scenarios I have no idea. It must be a very lonely and dark place to live where you are to draw your conclusions.

Bottom line: the manager is doing ok, his team continues to develop; there's another three seasons on RMs contract that he WILL see out barring a sheik takeover.

No we don't, we still come on here every day like you do. Stop trying to distort the point by derailing it onto a completely different direction. You tend to do that quite a lot I have noticed.

When facts are given to you which kind of kill your point, you manoeuvre the subject and evade the main issue being discussed, a bit like a sneering pompous politician.

We still have a massively poor record over the past 20 months and another home defeat should be putting him under more pressure than it seems to be.

He is still living on his first season and has done nothing of note since, that's nearly 2 full seasons now.

The only positive thing he has done is build on a decent squad, but he is still massively failing with those good players.

I feel a more experienced and better coach would get more out of this crop and the clock needs to be ticking on his under performing era.

You had the league cup to cling to, that has gone. If he does not get us into Europe next season he should be relieved of his duties and somebody brought in who can.

No we don't, we still come on here every day like you do. Stop trying to distort the point by derailing it onto a completely different direction. You tend to do that quite a lot I have noticed.

When facts are given to you which kind of kill your point, you manoeuvre the subject and evade the main issue being discussed, a bit like a sneering pompous politician.

We still have a massively poor record over the past 20 months and another home defeat should be putting him under more pressure than it seems to be.

He is still living on his first season and has done nothing of note since, that's nearly 2 full seasons now.

The only positive thing he has done is build on a decent squad, but he is still massively failing with those good players.

I feel a more experienced and better coach would get more out of this crop and the clock needs to be ticking on his under performing era.

You had the league cup to cling to, that has gone. If he does not get us into Europe next season he should be relieved of his duties and somebody brought in who can.

Here's where we are right now: a couple of places below where Moyes may have had us but playing infinitely better football and with a squad that will get better and better.

If you'd prefer to be 8th and practically unwatchable with a drab future ahead, then I suppose what went before was for you.

Martinez is a sham, a fake . He pinches himself every night to believe he's earning 60,000 ponds a week to deceive so many people who support our club. He's a disgrace, and so are the people running this club I expend emotional (albeit worthless) energy on.
I'm just Evertoned out...losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back