Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, tell me how all that is down to the manager. You say the subs didn't work and yet we were still creating.

First half was extremely bad luck to be behind and we deserved at least one goal. But second half was nowhere near good enough. And the subs certainly didn't help. We were far poorer once kone in particular came on. We ran out of steam second half again. We seem to concede late on when seeing games out more than we get goals to gain points.

Ultimately it's a much larger problem where we as a team are too prepared to accept defeat at home. Even when we had absolute awful sides we defended our home record bravely, and got something from games. We have failed to beat palace, spurs, rs and watford, and lost to city, united, leicester, stoke, swansea and now west brom at home. That is scary. We accept losing far to readily.

You said we laid siege to their goal. I don't think we did as we didn't really create that many clear cut chances, or test Foster much at all.
There's one on one duels in the box not won also.

Sorry, I can't take seriously any asinine view that the manager has not done his job when we utterly controlled that game and created loads of opportunities.

Want to find a game to blame the manager for? Find another one.

A good cup run plus 60 points would be a very good season. A good cup run but falling short of that total in the PL means we fall short of that.

By the way, I was the one saying all along how difficult that 60 point mark would be to make, and getting stick for it.

Top half and a couple of good cup runs will be seen as a decent season and we go again next season with a more developed first team squad.
No you didn't Dave you said and even quoted other seasons and how we should easy get 60 points.

There's one on one duels in the box not won also.

Sorry, I can't take seriously any asinine view that the manager has not done his job when we utterly controlled that game and created loads of opportunities.

Want to find a game to blame the manager for? Find another one.

Some of these same players used to go and win the ball from set plays and won their duels that they now are losing. It's the martinez way. Big the players up in an attacking, and attractive football sense, but completely at the expense of hard work and fight.

Some of these same players used to go and win the ball from set plays and won their duels that they now are losing. It's the martinez way. Big the players up in an attacking, and attractive football sense, but completely at the expense of hard work and fight.
He picked a back four and GK who kept three previous clean sheets. Then they concede one. That should have been easy to wipe out if the players had done their job with all the attacking play.

No, sorry. The manager chose the right team, and the possession and chances prove it. Players didn't score? Not the managers fault.

Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.

Hal_9000_wallpaper_by_browen2o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back