Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone hear the fella on Merseyside after the match claiming that jones is in fact the man who makes the subs and Martinez has little say on the sideline? He sits in the enclosure and is thus well informed... Apparently
Doubt that is true, if anything he would.Just give the instruction if Roberto plans them in advance, which is just as bad haha

By not having any existing or chronic conditions or injuries mate.

A medical is not related to game fitness.
tumblr_l34x4sgLYn1qavvg1o1_400.gif

Anyone hear the fella on Merseyside after the match claiming that jones is in fact the man who makes the subs and Martinez has little say on the sideline? He sits in the enclosure and is thus well informed... Apparently
I heard something about that before and when them substitutions were made today Some of the coaching staff and Duncan were shaking there heads.

Laying siege to their goal got us absolutely nowhere. Martinez is incapable of changing things when we aren't winning. Bringing on Kone and Osman and totally ignoring Mirallas and Niasse just baffle me.
Still, we passed the ball well.
Ha Ha Ha. Changing things so we could created 40 odd chances instead of 38?

Create chances = the managers decisions had worked, regardless of which players came in. If he made changes and the chances dried up you might have a valid point to make.

Create chances = the managers decisions had worked, regardless of which players came in. If he made changes and the chances dried up you might have a valid point to make.

Dave, I can't wait for you to be back in the other thread, I'm hanging out my arse, I can't do it any longer.

Oh, he is allowed to run on the pitch and convert one of the 38 chances created?

I see.

It was 34 shots, most blocked, few on target. Their keeper didn't make one really great save. And we had little in terms of clear cut chances. The stats are massively misleading. Like many other games this season, we faded badly in the second half. Not helped by nonsensical substitutions.

Spot on - most on here are talking frustration rather then logic. I see the only gripe today being the subs decision.

OSMAN!

oh we still getting 60 points Dave? As that's all we need after our "good" cup run to make our season a "good one"?
A good cup run plus 60 points would be a very good season. A good cup run but falling short of that total in the PL means we fall short of that.

By the way, I was the one saying all along how difficult that 60 point mark would be to make, and getting stick for it.

Top half and a couple of good cup runs will be seen as a decent season and we go again next season with a more developed first team squad.

Spot on - most on here are talking frustration rather then logic. I see the only gripe today being the subs decision.
and that was marginal right? I could see the logic. I understand people wanting Kev, but I could also understand each of the subs. They didn't work in the end, but jesus any team would have been pulling their hair out trying to break down such a cynical defense.

Couldn't agree less.
Ignoring Mirallas and Niasse in favour of Kone and Osman is bad decision-making.
Sitting in the Park End, I was more troubled by our "chances" than Foster was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back