Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no one outside these forums takes it seriously.

Amen to that.

Anybody who thinks that these forums (and this type of poll in particular) is indicative of the general views of the vast majority of Evertonians seriously needs to wobble their head. What percentage of Evertonians use these forums? very, very small I would say.

Even amongst that very small percentage, forum members are made up of three basic types -

1) The sort of person who just wants somewhere on the internet to vent their spleen, moan and look for negatives. The very vocal 'supporters' who always give the impression that they hate anything positive happening, as it somehow undermines their right to a good moan. These people love threads like this.

2) People who use the site to keep up to date with all things Everton. Mostly supporters from abroad or other parts of this country where Everton news is scarce. The majority of these members are lurkers or infrequent posters.

3) The eternal optimist who is so Everton biased that they will NEVER say a bad word about the club.

The people of type 1 far outnumber the other two types in both number and frequency of posting particularly in 'polls'

How do you measure how good a player is? Liverpool's wage bill will be far higher than ours (assuming wages set by 'experts' in football equate to their worth), doesn't that mean they have better players and a better squad? Just because we have our best squad in 20 years it doesn't automatically make it better than other squads around us in the league.

You can't use wages to judge how good a player is, if we did that, it would mean Ramires is one of the top players in the world.

Well, that's just my opinion that there are 4/5 clubs above us who have an inferior squad, there's no real quantifying it.

If people outside of this forum (for example, Martinez and the Board) are not taking results very seriously, then we really are in deep trouble

Neatened that up for you buddy.
Self apply that, for yourself and the others who cant make their minds up over whether they want him one week and then dont want him the following week...because that's what I assume happens given the fact that most of you go missing when we put a couple of results together.

As said: I cant be arsed with the fickle. They'll just have to fume away. They wont have their prayers answered if they want a manager in midtable out the door of this club. Hard lines that, but there we have it.

People can't accept we have a good manager because we haven't mate.
4 home wins in 10 months with this great squad is clueless management from the clueless clown.
Fans are scared because they think he will ruin us as he ruined wigan.
Is that the clueless manager you didn't fancy talking about in the past fortnight when the wins were coming in? That manager?

Ok.

Ok. Lots of draws though. Would be fine with an acceptable home record. But we don't have one. Lost our biggest away game of the season at city in poor fashion too.
Apparently we're ranked 4th away from home this season.

I wonder what conclusions we can draw from that about support?

Hmmm.

Self apply that, for yourself and the others who cant make their minds up over whether they want him one week and then dont want him the following week...because that's what I assume happens given the fact that most of you go missing when we put a couple of results together.

As said: I cant be arsed with the fickle. They'll just have to fume away. They wont have their prayers answered if they want a manager in midtable out the door of this club. Hard lines that, but there we have it.
Do you think I wanted him because we beat an abject Newcastle side and a Stoke team in a slump?

Is that the clueless manager you didn't fancy talking about in the past fortnight when the wins were coming in? That manager?

Ok.
We have won 2 games and beat carlisle your standards have dropped mate.
If moyes was in charge for the last 2 seasons you would be outside billy liars house with your pitchfork.
I mean 4 home wins in 10 months that is undefendable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back