Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think I wanted him because we beat an abject Newcastle side and a Stoke team in a slump?
No mate. I know you didn't want him from before he became manager...as we've already establish. So no, I dont think you could be convinced by those results, or even if we'd beaten City once and drew with them and Spurs in successive weeks...just like we did a few weeks back. Your mind has been closed on the subject for three years.

Apparently we're ranked 4th away from home this season.

I wonder what conclusions we can draw from that about support?

Hmmm.

I've stated it before but I don't accept that argument. Tactically at home Martinez has no clue how to best use his talented squad especially against deep sitting anti football outfits. Away from home he is saved and made to look good by the fact we have some bloody good footballers who can punish dross when given space.

As I stated earlier today, it came to me that we haven't had a prolonged period of form since palace came and ruined our top four push two seasons ago. April 2014, 22 Months ago. That's a heck of a bad spell with the talent at our disposal. And a heck of a long time to turn things round. I hope he saves our season in remarkable fashion, but I see little way back and want a change in the summer.

No mate. I know you didn't want him from before he became manager...as we've already establish. So no, I dont think you could be convinced by those results, or even if we'd beaten City once and drew with them and Spurs in successive weeks...just like we did a few weeks back. Your mind has been closed on the subject for three years.
Or you could say he was proved right

Correct. He's not up to our standard. And a therefore dropping us to his miserable levels.

What's the away record like?

Dave, the away record this season is fine, but we need a home record that's better than the away record... although coughing up victories at Bournemouth, Chelsea and Norwich were galling in the extreme. Had we got those wins, El Bob would not be getting quite so much criticism, but we didn't and he is.

An average home gate of circa 36,000 is serving of better than six home losses and too many false dawns. Losing to megabuck Man City is one thing, losing to Manu on the day Howard Kendall passed was no surprise at all, but losses to Stoke, Swansea and West Brom are unacceptable. The loss to Leicester was annoying, but we'll have to give them the benefit of the doubt on their superb season so far.

El Bob needs to correct things and correct them not fast, but immediately or he risks the ire of the home crowd becoming even more aggressive and poisonous than it has been of late.

I hope he can for all our sakes, I fear he can't because he simply hasn't got enough options/alternatives in his playbook.

We would struggle to sign the likes of AVB and Emery. We could sign Eddie howe but he would be a massive risk. Let's just see where we are at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back