Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He should of been sacked last summer, all this give him time was a waste of time
it was so obvious this clown was out of his depth.
I hope he is gone before sat second rate pub team manager get rid asap

Are u serious? Do you not want to win a single remaining game?

I recognise the point you and others are making, especially the bit about the bad atmosphere, so maybe it does make sense to sack him before the season ends. I'm just not sure having no manager at all is a great option either.

Why oh why did he let Rom play the full 90? We were 3-0 and a man down in the 60th minute. For gods sake give Rom a rest before the semi because there was nothing for him to play for here and our ONLY hope is Rom being so fired up for a cup that he does what he did against Chelsea. Instead he had him pointlessly running around the pitch for 37 minutes.
To be fair there were no subs left. He had to stay on.

Not so much as a supporter, but we have semi appearance, it would be daft to get rid at this point and if by some miracle it all slots together and we go onto lift the cup, its phase one complete etc. Though he was always going to get caught out for depth for CBs. However, if we capitulate again he should go Saturday evening.

Why oh why did he let Rom play the full 90? We were 3-0 and a man down in the 60th minute. For gods sake give Rom a rest before the semi because there was nothing for him to play for here and our ONLY hope is Rom being so fired up for a cup that he does what he did against Chelsea. Instead he had him pointlessly running around the pitch for 37 minutes.

He didn't exactly use that much energy in the second half, think he'll be sound for Saturday.

The thing is, as much as you can criticise the players tonight, and they do carry blame, it's been said for weeks that they can't work miracles here.

Lukaku had no support all game again. All he could do is win long balls but half the time no one was near him. Our wingers and am start in their own half constantly, so have to cover 30 40 yards every time we attack, so when it breaks down its because there is too many men behind the ball. When we do break, the two men behind them are nowhere to be seen, and when they are it's to pass the ball near the half way line.

Our full backs have no cover going forward, and no cover when they are back. Our centre halves have no cover when defending a flat defence because neither holding midfielder are supporting them in there. Not only that but there is no defensive lines in there either everyone just seems to cover the space they are near like we don't practice that. We don't practice set pieces or crosses, we don't play to our strikers strengths and the midfield always seems to be 30 yards away from each other whenever it matters.

The way the team play is a joke, it holds the players back from actually performing because even if they actually turn up to try like it looked tonight they are left so exposed and clueless as to what is going on that we have to rely on the other team being poor to not get beat.

I recognise the point you and others are making, especially the bit about the bad atmosphere, so maybe it does make sense to sack him before the season ends. I'm just not sure having no manager at all is a great option either.

Can it get any worse

Reactions: JLW
They can afford it
I hope so. Bill gave him a huge contract though didn't he? He needs to go but we will now spend a good wedge clearing out. Morshi may be wealthy but we don't really know how money he will put into the club for transfers and I bet it is not as much as we hope. He will make his money by financing a stadium. There will be some new money, but it will no doubt be reduced by the cost of changing the management.

We don't even play decent football anymore. It's not just the results. Anyone who tries to use that excuse to hide behind is a liar. We're awful to watch.

Nothing will change and we will get beat on Saturday - we don't have a hope against a terrible United team. They've let us down badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back