Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I believe he's done an excellent job, bought some great players, took us to our best PL points total and could still yet end the season with a trophy. I think he has earned more than the hatred, insults and undistilled blame for every bad result that we seem to be giving him and want to defend him. Soz abar that

And, correct me if I'm wrong, this the Martinez in or out thread, isn't it? Or should it only be the fumers who are allowed to expand on their position?

But you clearly stated you will make a decision at the END of the season
It sounds like you've decided already

So, just to summarise, Martinez is getting the sack.

Ok, we'll see how that goes.

IMO, the people who make decisions are looking at probably/possibly two SF appearances (and a nice trip to Wembley for the new major shareholder); a midtable finish in a season that's been nuts for most teams; a team that plays consistently entertaining football and scoring for fun (whilst still having character frailties); a manager who's assembled a very good squad and bought well and added lots of value to the playing staff.

I'm of the very firm opinion that is more than enough for this manager to continue the development of his team.

No post match forum fumageddon is altering that situation one iota.

IMO, the people who make decisions are looking at probably/possibly two SF appearances (and a nice trip to Wembley for the new major shareholder); a midtable finish in a season that's been nuts for most teams; a team that plays consistently entertaining football and scoring for fun (whilst still having character frailties); a manager who's assembled a very good squad and bought well and added lots of value to the playing staff.

I'm of the very firm opinion that is more than enough for this manager to continue the development of his team.

The clown will be gone come summer .
He is a liability and taking us backwards and you know it.

He doesn't deserve another £50m mate, he's bought top players and shown that he's incapable of getting them to win games. He could throw any amount of money at this and still underachieve.

Individually he's brought players on though. Lukaku, Barkley, Deulofeu and others have flourished under him. If he hadn't done that then I'd probably want him out now.

I suspect someone else at Everton will reap the benefit of his work at improving these players if he can't consistently get them to deliver as a team though.

But you clearly stated you will make a decision at the END of the season
Mot sounds like you've decided already

Does it? Mate, if we end up the season trophyless and 14th in the league, I will probably want him out. I'm defending him now because

(a) I think he's earned it with the squad he has built and the football we have played

and

(b) A lot can happen between now and the end of the season

I'm not Davek, I'm flexible on Martinez, I just don't lose my sh** after every time we lose

Because I believe he's done an excellent job, bought some great players, took us to our best PL points total and could still yet end the season with a trophy. I think he has earned more than the hatred, insults and undistilled blame for every bad result that we seem to be giving him and want to defend him. Soz abar that

And, correct me if I'm wrong, this the Martinez in or out thread, isn't it? Or should it only be the fumers who are allowed to expand on their position?

Don't think he's earned the love, compliments and undistilled credit for the signings

i'd be very happy if Martinez had big money to spend, first key one will be the goalkeeper..that could define following season

Yeah 5 goals yesterday of course were called the entertainers, by neutrals that is. If losing high scoring games keeps you happy Dave you're supporting the right club. It goes against your snide remarks to other posters that they know nothing about football.

Why don't you give WWE a try? Entertainment where the results don't matter.

I think the new shareholders been to Wembley, he's even seen a trophy picked up there.

He won't be as easily pleased as you Dave

I commend Robertos for his ability to pick a player. It doesn't make him a manager though

I'm sorry but that's a lie dave

They were shouted down by people celebrating a win against the bottom team in the league like we'd just won the whole thing.

Some day soon you will have to admit you were wrong. I think even you know that. The desperation is becoming more obvious in you and your followers.

It's a shame, you're a good poster and you stick to your guns but he's letting you down week after week. I hope you don't take it personally when he's sacked and give the next manager your full support also
Look mate, we had people on here n Tuesday night attacking this team and manager for winning 3-1 away from home.

THAT tells me all I need to know about the level of rationale that exists concerning this issue for some. They don't even wait for a defeat now, they feel they can get away with attacking Everton when we win.

The place is bedlam at the minute. All sense flies out of the window.

Rest assured though, the people making decisions aren't even registering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back