Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah 5 goals yesterday of course were called the entertainers, by neutrals that is. If losing high scoring games keeps you happy Dave you're supporting the right club. It goes against your snide remarks to other posters that they know nothing about football.

Why don't you give WWE a try? Entertainment where the results don't matter.

I think the new shareholders been to Wembley, he's even seen a trophy picked up there.

He won't be as easily pleased as you Dave

I commend Robertos for his ability to pick a player. It doesn't make him a manager though
In other words: I'm taking the opposite opinion to you and not joining in your attack on the team and manager and you think I'm acting unreasonably.

Sorry, I wont be brow beaten by a horde of people who cant see the wood for the trees.

Does it? Mate, if we end up the season trophyless and 14th in the league, I will probably want him out. I'm defending him now because

(a) I think he's earned it with the squad he has built and the football we have played

and

(b) A lot can happen between now and the end of the season

I'm not Davek, I'm flexible on Martinez, I just don't lose my sh** after every time we lose

He can pick a player yes I 100% agree

The football we have played I don't agree with

It's not tactical mastery it's basically all out attack. Go to your local 5 a side pitches you'll see the same brand of football

Do not feel any calmer this morning after that train wreck of a performance.
Yet again from a 2 goal lead, one leads to another within minutes. We are like a tub of Pringles.

I wonder though whether Roberto will be informed that he may stay on with his 'project' IF serious upgrades are made to the coaching staff.
The people behind Martinez, other than Dunc, are total nobodies with no big game or top flight experience.

Changes are certainly required. No other club in our peers bracket would accept these results week after week.

Look mate, we had people on here n Tuesday night attacking this team and manager for winning 3-1 away from home.

THAT tells me all I need to know about the level of rationale that exists concerning this issue for some. They don't even wait for a defeat now, they feel they can get away with attacking Everton when we win.

The place is bedlam at the minute. All sense flies out of the window.

Res assured though, the people making decisions aren't even registering it.

Yeah because they'd tell you ;)

In other words: I'm taking the opposite opinion to you and not joining in your attack on the team and manager and you think I'm acting unreasonably.

Sorry, I wont be brow beaten by a horde of people who cant see the wood for the trees.
Its like putting out fire with a water pistol watching your posts dave.
The majority have had enough

The clown will be gone come summer .
He is a liability and taking us backwards and you know it.
Well I say to you what I said to Degsy: if you're that confident put your money on it and show us the proof of the bet.

I can respect anyone who does.

Hasn't he had around that for the past 2 seasons? With that money we're looking at consecutive bottom half finishes.

I was talking about this summer, not a two year period. If spending 50 million ( net ) this summer addresses our weaknesses and gets us within spitting distance of top four then that'd be about what you could reasonably expect ( because our rivals will be spending cash too ).

I'm not convinced he'd deliver on that, but realistically, he's likely to be given the chance by Moshiri to see if he can.

Bottom line for me is he hasn't wasted huge sums of money in transfers, so, if he goes in 2016/17 then there'll be a good squad for someone else to take over.

My older brother was there with his son yesterday in the main stand - spoke to him about the game main consensus of all the fans around him was enough is enough were RM is concerned the fans around him with those stupidity of subs was they want him sacked, gut reaction I guess, but it was overwhelming apparently from old, an young blues fans!
He spoke to a West Ham fan in the pub after the game, and how made up they were that Lennon had gone off, it turned the game to a game they thought they had lost v 10 men!

Martinez team selection and tactics.

Playing most of a game with ten men isn't ideal, it was almost as if our players got tired or something.

The players would have been more tired so surely it would have made more sense to go more defensive with that second sub and bring on Barry than go more attacking bringing on Niasse as the players were obviously going to struggle when West Ham came forward bringing another forward on. It was a ridiculous change. He should have shut up shop, gone defensive and kept it tight to make sure of the 3 points. We didn't need another goal at that stage of the game.

Well I say to you what I said to Degsy: if you're that confident put your money on it and show us the proof of the bet.

I can respect anyone who does.
You surely cannot defend the fraud anymore dave.
I mean his game management is non existent.
He just has not got a clue whats going wrong and his weakness is moving to the players.
We hold a lead like a bunch of girls weak to the core

No Dave you are acting as if you know inside secrets about football. Like only you can see the truth.

You try to browbeat people by saying leave things like leave it to the professionals

Enlighten us. Use real facts not if buts maybes or imaginary inside secrets you are privy to.

Explain away the view that the record points season was the blip in an otherwise poor managerial career. The exception not the norm

He should have shut up shop, gone defensive and kept it tight to make sure of the 3 points.

Agreed, its baffling to think that Martinez, knowing he will be being scrutinised by a rich new owner, would not be professional and command the players to see out the win by sitting back a bit more.

What is more infuriating is that, Lukaku and Mirallas' incidents aside, Martinez always seems doomed to repeat the same mistakes and never learn from then.

Agreed, its baffling to think that Martinez, knowing he will be being scrutinised by a rich new owner, would not be professional and command the players to see out the win by sitting back a bit more.

What is more infuriating is that, Lukaku and Mirallas' incidents aside, Martinez always seems doomed to repeat the same mistakes and never learn from then.
Is it insanity or being clueless

Martinez is just a glorified scout imo
Agreed, he was a Wigan also, got some good players and then they all moved on, thats his level recruitment.

I wanted him out last year as it was obvious he is clueless on how to park the bus with 10 minutes to go and defend a 2 goal lead.
Opposition know he is a one trip pony and 10 minutes is enough to score 3 or 4 against us.

I think Mori Gerri Lukaku warrant him being moved sideways to assistant or chief scout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back