Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, he was a Wigan also, got some good players and then they all moved on, thats his level recruitment.

I wanted him out last year as it was obvious he is clueless on how to park the bus with 10 minutes to go and defend a 2 goal lead.
Opposition know he is a one trip pony and 10 minutes is enough to score 3 or 4 against us.

I think Mori Gerri Lukaku warrant him being moved sideways to assistant or chief scout
I think he is good at spotting a player but just a cack manager,maybe a scout could be his future

I generally hate this type of thing when other clubs are publicly judging their managers and the more vocal of which are generally for them getting sacked,I have been a supporter of Martinez and was glad at his appointment, but yesterday was just one disaster too many for me, yes clubs in the bottom 3 would be desperate to be in our position, but for the talented players that we have here we should be winning a lot more games especially when you think how many times we have been in comfortable winning positions, our home record is pathetic, he is now showing himself to be tactically inept and his excuses are laughable. Yesterday I voted to support him but I have thought more about it, I love this club but even if we were to win the cup I fear for us in the league under Martinez in the future.Give him until the end of the season it would be pointless replacing him right now.

a midtable finish in a season that's been nuts for most teams.

Look at the 9 teams below us and tell me who you would expect to be above us - answer, none of them.

It has been nuts in respect of Leicester and perhaps spurs, but that just makes me more annoyed that we're not up there with them in the european spots.

No Dave you are acting as if you know inside secrets about football. Like only you can see the truth.

You try to browbeat people by saying leave things like leave it to the professionals

Enlighten us. Use real facts not if buts maybes or imaginary inside secrets you are privy to.

Explain away the view that the record points season was the blip in an otherwise poor managerial career. The exception not the norm
I know that Everton managers don't get sacked for finishing midtable and reaching probably 2 cup SFs.

It's ludicrous post match fume fever to think otherwise.

In a day's time this goes back in a box and if we beat Chelsea then the situation is transformed (again). We all KNOW this.

I know that Everton managers don't get sacked for finishing midtable and reaching probably 2 cup SFs.

In a day's time this goes back in a box and if we beat Chelsea then the situation is transformed (again). We all KNOW this.
We were 11th last season and will probably end up worse than that this season with this great squad.
You move the goalposts all the time dude to back the clown.
I can imagine him taking us down and you saying its not a bad thing cos we need a new start.
He is so weak and clueless and you know it underneath pal

You can have excuses or you can have results; no more no less. Roberto has excuses. This is football at the elite level requiring elite level managerial decisions, and he is simply not capable of that. He has no accountability whatsoever, lacks tactical foresight, lacks backbone and can't make a substitution to save himself. If he was the right manager for Everton F.C then we wouldn't be having these conversations in the first place... Martinez must go. And that's not an emotion fueled reaction, that's calculated opinion shared by many. Strangely enough, it might be better for our long term future if we get walloped by Chelsea in the cup... cup wins are only prolonging the inevitable; the quicker the board comes to their senses and gets rid of this joker the better.

Reactions: JJK

Everton FC

Where semi finals are considered a success

#prayforeverton

When did we beat Chelsea to reach that second semi? Oh that's right it's yet another assumption about something that might happen. Like how 'our name is on the league cup' 'we've reached Wembley' 'we'll beat Leicester vault me they're a fraud team' 'we'll go on a run and be fifth we're only 6 points off' 'it will click in the second half of the season'. None of these things happen. The main argument on here seems to be 'you can't call the last 20 months underachievement because we are going to be brilliant in the future'. It's an absolute leap of faith with nothing to back it up. How long before someone says 'you know what it's not happening, it will just be more seasons like this'?

Maybe reaching a 2nd semi is a big deal for you. Not for me. Even you speak about the luck involved in a cup run. It's not really reflective of form.

We don't all know this. Look around. There are 2 or 3 people agreeing with you

Dave I'm sorry mate but it's a very poor season. It would take a huge upturn in form to make it even an ok season.

Realistically we are looking at a max of 50-52 points

Is that really good enough for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back