Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, what's your source on his retention of the chairmans support?

Or is it more guesswork and assumption?

He's here. He's been involved with takeover talks. Erm, I'm thinking that's pretty conclusive evidence he's not getting binned anytime soon.

I don't blame the fans. Fans are fickle. It's like blaming a leopard for having spots.

All you can do is shrug at the 'he's gorra go lad' posts and recognise that lasts for a weekend and then we win next weekend and then everyone settles back down to accepting that a good manager is going to be with us for the duration.

Rinse and repeat.

No Dave everyone doesn't settle down. The votes don't change significantly after a win. You are easily pleased by a win over relegated villa but don't assume everyone else is so cheaply bought

I don't blame the fans. Fans are fickle. It's like blaming a leopard for having spots.

All you can do is shrug at the 'he's gorra go lad' posts and recognise that lasts for a weekend and then we win next weekend and then everyone settles back down to accepting that a good manager is going to be with us for the duration.

Rinse and repeat.

So inconsistency and a home record of relegation candidacy shouldn't be used as a stick to beat martinez with?

'Good' manager? What's good about his record here then? 31% win record - good? 4 home wins - good?

Fans questioning him on that - bad.

You really are becoming wearisome.

I don't go the bookies mate. A lot of people on here seem to be talking up the odds though, but when they're requested to back their fine and bold words up by actually betting cash it all goes quiet. I wonder why that is? Maybe they know their predictions are merely hot air and will amount to nothing...just like all the other times Martinez was 'going to be sacked'?

I tried to find a bookie who would take a bet on Martinez being sacked before the end of his contract.They just laughed. The longest any of them were prepared to take a bet on him being sacked or leaving by mutual agreement was the end of 2016/17.

To be fair, that would probably be the same situation with 90%+ of managers. I'm still disappointed you wouldn't take me up on that bet.

Disappointed, but not surprised.

You, dave, you.

Moyes deserved our support for that time. Martinez has, justifiably, lost the majority of the Evertonian support and faith. That's a difficult thing to do, Evertonians don't like turning on their own manager.

He's feeling the pressure, and so he should. He's under-performed for the majority of his Everton contract now. He's blaming anyone and everyone, it's embarrassing. He's unprompted, telling the world he can handle added pressure from Moshiri.

If Moshiri has genuine ambition for Everton to compete, he'll be considering the manager now. I agree with the pundits saying Martinez needs a strong finish to save his job... If we finish where we are now, 11th, the same as last season - he absolutely has to be sacked.
How do I like this post more than once?

We can cut to the chase on all this pretty quickly: will Martinez be here next season?

No other answer than a resounding yes, for me.

He'll be here because he retains the support of the chairman who guides the owners (new as well as old...and we know Moshiri has spoken already to Martinez and wont be making kneejerk decisions anytime soon). The support base is Jekyll and Hyde after each win or loss.

A Martinez dismissal is as remote as it's ever been.
The new owner will listen to the fans and have his own thoughts.
I bet at least 75% want the clown out now and its growing.
Let it go pal your holding onto something which is going to get the boot.
You have tried your best for 2 years backing the fraud but you are beat

You, dave, you.

Moyes deserved our support for that time. Martinez has, justifiably, lost the majority of the Evertonian support and faith. That's a difficult thing to do, Evertonians don't like turning on their own manager.

He's feeling the pressure, and so he should. He's under-performed for the majority of his Everton contract now. He's blaming anyone and everyone, it's embarrassing. He's unprompted, telling the world he can handle added pressure from Moshiri.

If Moshiri has genuine ambition for Everton to compete, he'll be considering the manager now. I agree with the pundits saying Martinez needs a strong finish to save his job... If we finish where we are now, 11th, the same as last season - he absolutely has to be sacked.

The support issue goes up and down with each win or loss. To assert the case for his loss of 'majority of Everton support' is an easy one to make 24 hours after that game.

You really think a manager with his purchasing acumen and ability to get some very decent football out of this squad consistently is going to be dumped by a club that couldn't ever attract anyone of a high profile nature like Mourinho or whoever? The board, not surprisingly, are going to accept midtable finishes and good cup runs. The level of spending at this club doesn't warrant any other decision. We are not big spenders that you could say underachievement is clearly visible...if we are underachieving it's relative to the type of players the manager has the ability to bring in and get playing.

We need steel and character on the pitch, not a change in the dugout.

It's another chapter of post match fume whenever we've had a big reversal this season. I see nothing more than that, and you know the likelihood he'll be here next season regardless of midtable finish.

I wont get caught up in the aftermath of a poor defeat. Where was the certainty he'd be sacked without a strong fnish to the season before 5pm yesterday?

i would assume that Moshiri will set more ambitious goals for martinez than kenwright ever did, and thats good. in another words he has to start to deliver... but he still has my trust.

He's here. He's been involved with takeover talks. Erm, I'm thinking that's pretty conclusive evidence he's not getting binned anytime soon.

He spoke to the new shareholder. I don't even see any indication if that was before or after the purchase was agreed. That's a long way from being involved in the takeover talks.

Again you are hinting at some kind of inside knowledge that you have yet to back up

I tried to find a bookie who would take a bet on Martinez being sacked before the end of his contract.They just laughed. The longest any of them were prepared to take a bet on him being sacked or leaving by mutual agreement was the end of 2016/17.

To be fair, that would probably be the same situation with 90%+ of managers. I'm still disappointed you wouldn't take me up on that bet.

Disappointed, but not surprised.
I'd say to anyone THAT confident of a dismissal this summer to go to a bookie who laughs and say: "I'll take any odds you want. Give me a 1/100 he'll wont be here. I'm prepared to put a couple of grand on to win a couple of quid...because he IS as far as I'm concerned a dead set to be gone." Then I'd post the slip up here and ram it down my throat and I'd have no come back.

Anything short of that is just words.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back