Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The support issue goes up and down with each win or loss. To assert the case for his loss of 'majority of Everton support' is an easy one to make 24 hours after that game.

You really think a manager with his purchasing acumen and ability to get some very decent football out of this squad consistently is going to be dumped by a club that couldn't ever attract anyone of a high profile nature like Mourinho or whoever? The board, not surprisingly, are going to accept midtable finishes and good cup runs. The level of spending at this club doesn't warrant any other decision. We are not big spenders that you could say underachievement is clearly visible...if we are underachieving it's relative to the type of players the manager has the ability to bring in and get playing.

We need steel and character on the pitch, not a change in the dugout.

It's another chapter of post match fume whenever we've had a big reversal this season. I see nothing more than that, and you know the likelihood he'll be here next season regardless of midtable finish.

I wont get caught up in the aftermath of a poor defeat. Where was the certainty he'd be sacked without a strong fnish to the season before 5pm yesterday?

The support for his departure stays the same

It may appear like it changes Dave but the only changes are a few unsure on the fence fans who when we win jump back to the Martinez in camp and try to back you up. The majority of weeks when we fail to win you're fighting the fires practically alone.

The support for his departure stays the same

It may appear like it changes Dave but the only changes are a few unsure on the fence fans who when we win jump back to the Martinez in camp and try to back you up. The majority of weeks when we fail to win you're fighting the fires practically alone.
The battle is won and the best plotter of the lot is roberto himself

Ranieri was once Chelsea boss and coach of the Greek Intl team, he went to a Leicester team who just survived relegation. Now look at them.

We definitely can attract managers of at least the same caliber as Ranieri, if not higher. I reckon there'd be quite a few experienced and talented managers who'd like to manage our squad.

Ranieri was once Chelsea boss and coach of the Greek Intl team, he went to a Leicester team who just survived relegation. Now look at them.

We definitely can attract managers of at least the same caliber as Ranieri, if not higher. I reckon there'd be quite a few experienced and talented managers who'd like to manage our squad.
There will be loads out there who would do a better job than this clown

The support issue goes up and down with each win or loss.

I've seen no evidence to corroborate this. I see the same posters bemoaning the same things over & over again (And I'm one of them) becase they've been given ample reason to.

Not seen any evidence of them changing their tune anytime soon, neither.

I've seen no evidence to corroborate this. I see the same posters bemoaning the same things over & over again (And I'm one of them) becase they've been given ample reason to.

Not seen any evidence of them changing their tune anytime soon, neither.

Dave has nothing to back up his defence so if he turns on the opposition

It's quite martinezesque actually

The majority of weeks when we fail to win you're fighting the fires practically alone

Increasingly desperately, in all honesty, too.

The craving to be some sort of 'voice of reason'....a maverick, a copernicus or what-have-ya.

It's just not washing, neither, is it? People KNOW what they're seeing, and they don't like it. No amount of waffle & spin is gonna cut through what they KNOW, so in the end @davek starts attacking them for their views, not what's behind their views.

The support issue goes up and down with each win or loss. To assert the case for his loss of 'majority of Everton support' is an easy one to make 24 hours after that game.

You really think a manager with his purchasing acumen and ability to get some very decent football out of this squad consistently is going to be dumped by a club that couldn't ever attract anyone of a high profile nature like Mourinho or whoever? The board, not surprisingly, are going to accept midtable finishes and good cup runs. The level of spending at this club doesn't warrant any other decision. We are not big spenders that you could say underachievement is clearly visible...if we are underachieving it's relative to the type of players the manager has the ability to bring in and get playing.

We need steel and character on the pitch, not a change in the dugout.

It's another chapter of post match fume whenever we've had a big reversal this season. I see nothing more than that, and you know the likelihood he'll be here next season regardless of midtable finish.

I wont get caught up in the aftermath of a poor defeat. Where was the certainty he'd be sacked without a strong fnish to the season before 5pm yesterday?

Think you're wrong about not being able to attract a high profile manager Dave. The money coming into the Premier League will guarantee the best will want to come , even if it's just a stepping stone - Bilic for instance ain't going to stay at West Ham long term.

I'd say to anyone THAT confident of a dismissal this summer to go to a bookie who laughs and say: "I'll take any odds you want. Give me a 1/100 he'll wont be here. I'm prepared to put a couple of grand on to win a couple of quid...because he IS as far as I'm concerned a dead set to be gone." Then I'd post the slip up here and ram it down my throat and I'd have no come back.

Anything short of that is just words.

Well, either you didn't read my post because I was talking about him seeing his contract out, a conversation we've had before, and I also said you could get odds on him being sacked before the end of next season.

I've also said countless times his job's safe this season and he's likely to be here in twelve months time.

So, you're either deliberately trying to provoke me or you're stupid.

:coffee:

He needs to go, he will be severely damaging to this club if he carries on. Hope the new owner will be dragging him into his office demanding he explain himself and the team's shocking results

He needs to go, he will be severely damaging to this club if he carries on. Hope the new owner will be dragging him into his office demanding he explain himself and the team's shocking results

The new owner would be met with a look of bemusement from Bobby, believing he has played a blinder so far. The players let him down, it's the fans fault, referees, bad luck.........

We were a serious injury to Rom away from a relegation scrap this season make no mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back