Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been against him for quite a while and want him out and a few wins may have given me acceptance that he will be here next season but the defeats against WBA and yesterday where the same mistakes of the whole of this season and last make you forget the good things he has done and just want him out. We can't defend and haven't been able to for nearly 2 seasons.

Do I trust the manager with the extra funds in the summer? To buy good players, yes. To mould them into a good team who can defend as well as attack, NO.

Can't actually believe some people would be satisfied with another possible mid table finish like last season when you just have to look at the table this season and the squad we have at the moment. Madness if you ask me. Should be challenging for European spots with this current team. Best we have had in a very long time.

Moyes managed it with a worse team and when the top teams didn't usually mess up like they have been doing recently so Martinez has no excuse for me. Last season excuse was being in the Europa League, what is it this season?

Brown shoes needs to be fired today !
We can do Chelsea next week with a temp manager in charge.
Understand the new shareholder will be at the game next week for his sakes I hope the call is made today.

Season is a write off now. Re Chelsea in the cup we need to be 5 goals up with 5 minutes to go to
manage a draw. Positive side is new guy in with his structered buy out. 100 mil in summer will go to a
new manager. Mosh has been in talks for 18 months apparently with bill, so I would of thought he knows we
need a new man at the helm and funding in the transfer market.
I would be really suprised if Martinez is in charge at the start of next season

I don't blame the fans. Fans are fickle. It's like blaming a leopard for having spots.

All you can do is shrug at the 'he's gorra go lad' posts and recognise that lasts for a weekend and then we win next weekend and then everyone settles back down to accepting that a good manager is going to be with us for the duration.

Look mate, we had people on here n Tuesday night attacking this team and manager for winning 3-1 away from home.

They don't even wait for a defeat now, they feel they can get away with attacking Everton when we win.

The place is bedlam at the minute. All sense flies out of the window.

Sounds like you're the one not making any sense mate. If you can't tell that a sizeable portion of our fanbase have wanted Martinez gone for a while now then you are quite simply deluded

I cant wait until next week when we're looking at a Wembley semi final.

This place will witness an exodus of those posters who only ever come out after a defeat to push hard for a manager's dismissal that isn't even remotely on the cards.

I don't think there's ever been a time on here when the finger has been less on the pulse of the real world of Everton FC than it is right now. These views are miles off and running in a parallel universe to the power dynamics inside the club. Maybe some will think that the board will hate the fact that we're seen as an entertaining team and scoring 51 PL goals so far and performing well in all competitions and sack the manager?

I promise you this: if I ever had any feeling that the balance of power had tipped away from this manager I'd old my hands up and reluctantly acknowledge it. But it is isn't anywhere in sight. In the echo chamber of a forum it might seem like there's something afoot. But it's wayward to think anything other than that manager/players and chairman and new major share owner are completely in synch. Those in power will be viewing this season as a developmental one, and that quality and value has been added not only to our play overall but also to the balance sheet. If you think they're going twist instead of stick you are most definitely barking up the wrong tree. Home PL form aside, they are going to view the season in it's entirety and be happy with the job RM is doing.

That's the big picture. It's always been the big picture. And it's the reason why people predicting the fall of Martinez have been wrong in the past just like they are now.

Why do we have to go through this melodrama after every defeat? It's baffling to me. It's a lot of wasted energy on wishful thinking rather than seeing the situation for what it is.

This place will witness an exodus of those posters who only ever come out after a defeat to push hard for a manager's dismissal that isn't even remotely on the cards.

I don't think there's ever been a time on here when the finger has been less on the pulse of the real world of Everton FC than it is right now. These views are miles off and running in a parallel universe to the power dynamics inside the club. Maybe some will think that the bard will hate the fact that we're seen as an entertaining team and scoring 51 PL goals so far and performing well in all competitions?

I promise you this: if I ever had any feeling that the balance of power had tipped away from this manager I'd old my hands up and reluctantly acknowledge it. But it is isn't anywhere in sight. In the echo chamber of a forum it might seem like there's something afoot. But it's wayward to think anything other than that manager/players and chairman and new major share owner are completely in synch. Those in power will be viewing this season as a developmental one, and that quality and value has been added not only to our play overall but also to the balance sheet. If you think they're going twist instead of stick you are most definitely barking up the wrong tree. Home PL form aside, they are going to view the season in it's entirety and be happy with the job RM is doing.

That's the big picture. It's always been the big picture. And it's the reason why people predicting the fall of Martinez have been wrong in the past just like they are now.

Why do we have to go through this melodrama after every defeat? It's baffling to me. It's a lot of wasted energy on wishful thinking rather than seeing the situation for what it is.
Welcome back dave was therapy good

Dave vault me on this but we will NOT be looking at a semi final after next Saturday, what will happen is we will take the game to Chelsea, score, try to hold on then inevitably collapse and lose 3 or 4 -1

I don't think there's ever been a time on here when the finger has been less on the pulse of the real world of Everton FC than it is right now. These views are miles off and running in a parallel universe to the power dynamics inside the club. Maybe some will think that the bard will hate the fact that we're seen as an entertaining team and scoring 51 PL goals so far and performing well in all competitions?

Very different saying that Martinez is going to be sacked to saying he should be sacked. You always do this after a defeat. After a win it's all about how we're paying football touched by the gods, after a defeat it's never about whether he should be sacked, you just fall back on 'this board won't sack him'. Everyone knows that but we're talking about his 20 months of gross underachievement. You keep telling everyone how we're playing the best football in the league though.

I don't think there's ever been a time on here when the finger has been less on the pulse of the real world of Everton FC than it is right now. These views are miles off and running in a parallel universe to the power dynamics inside the club. Maybe some will think that the board will hate the fact that we're seen as an entertaining team and scoring 51 PL goals so far and performing well in all competitions and sack the manager?

Dave,
I sincerely hope we are looking at a cup semi-final trip come 7.30ish next week if only for your sake... because if we get to keen extra Saturday, you have just set yourself up for some serious earache.

Sounds like you're the one not making any sense mate. If you can't tell that a sizeable portion of our fanbase have wanted Martinez gone for a while now then you are quite simply deluded
I#m open for a rational debate where there's no insults. All the talk of 'delusion' and 'WUM' tells me is that those frothing at the mouth for a sacking are merely frustrated and cant get their thoughts together to sensibly debate about the overall picture of Martinez and his pros and cons.

Dave,
I sincerely hope we are looking at a cup semi-final trip come 7.30ish next week if only for your sake... because if we get to keen extra Saturday, you have just set yourself up for some serious earache.
Maybe so. But it's right: one game, one successful shot at Wembley = for most, the storm clouds disappear. You know it and I know t.

Very different saying that Martinez is going to be sacked to saying he should be sacked. You always do this after a defeat. After a win it's all about how we're paying football touched by the gods, after a defeat it's never about whether he should be sacked, you just fall back on 'this board won't sack him'. Everyone knows that but we're talking about his 20 months of gross underachievement. You keep telling everyone how we're playing the best football in the league though.
I'm up for a sensible debate on that, but the place is full of rhetoric at the moment. Tomorrow it will have calmed down no doubt.

A/ "performing well in all competitions" - your delusion knows no bounds. Our performance in the league is a disgrace.

B/ "balance of power had tipped away from this manager" - would never have happened under Kenwright but you know zero about what Moshiri is thinking.

C/ "It's a lot of wasted energy" - noone has wasted more energy then you, trying to justify Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back