Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez needs to be brought in for chat and put in very simple terms to him! Win FA Cup this year to get Europa League is the bare minimum required to keep your job :-) 9 games left in league and out of that 27 pts possible , minimum expected is 19 pts! No pressure for you as you said Champions league was what you were giving us, Its his 3rd season, his not a novice Manager and Mike Walkers or Walter Smiths teams had more fight about them and that says a lot about the state we're in :-(

Martinez needs to be brought in for chat and put in very simple terms to him! Win FA Cup this year to get Europa League is the bare minimum required to keep your job :) 9 games left in league and out of that 27 pts possible , minimum expected is 19 pts! No pressure for you as you said Champions league was what you were giving us, Its his 3rd season, his not a novice Manager and Mike Walkers or Walter Smiths teams had more fight about them and that says a lot about the state we're in :-(
If we go onto win FA Cup, that should not be enough reason to keep him as manager. If he stays, what will change next season. My Guess is nothing. How we perform in the Premier, is by far the most imortant thing

I'd say to anyone THAT confident of a dismissal this summer to go to a bookie who laughs and say: "I'll take any odds you want. Give me a 1/100 he'll wont be here. I'm prepared to put a couple of grand on to win a couple of quid...because he IS as far as I'm concerned a dead set to be gone." Then I'd post the slip up here and ram it down my throat and I'd have no come back.

Anything short of that is just words.
Suggest you place some bets on Everton home games to raise some cash first...
He is only here cuz no one showed the balls yet to call his bluff and show him the door...but this may change very soon...

Tried to stay out of this debate, but it's increasingly hard to find a reason to keep him here...I say this as a person that doesn't want Everton to be a club that sacks people when it gets rough.

Anyway, having said that, I'd still see out the year but I wouldn't set targets like the FA Cup or points, I'd be setting team performance goals, such as a noticeable improvement in defending corners & maybe not conceding in the last 20 mins of a match, as examples. I'm sure there'd be more measurable indicators but he needs to show the Board that he can turn the playing group/style around. As Big Dunc says, the FA Cup isn't enough, there has to be tangible change.

I don't want to win the Cup & then do a Wigan.

Tried to stay out of this debate, but it's increasingly hard to find a reason to keep him here...I say this as a person that doesn't want Everton to be a club that sacks people when it gets rough.

Anyway, having said that, I'd still see out the year but I wouldn't set targets like the FA Cup or points, I'd be setting team performance goals, such as a noticeable improvement in defending corners & maybe not conceding in the last 20 mins of a match, as examples. I'm sure there'd be more measurable indicators but he needs to show the Board that he can turn the playing group/style around. As Big Dunc says, the FA Cup isn't enough, there has to be tangible change.

I don't want to win the Cup & then do a Wigan.

I liked your post because I thought I agreed with but then I saw that line about seeing out the year. I agree on a lot except giving him more time

If we go onto win FA Cup, that should not be enough reason to keep him as manager. If he stays, what will change next season. My Guess is nothing. How we perform in the Premier, is by far the most imortant thing

I want him gone as his not a good enough Manager for us despite all the so called positives of him and the style of play :-) His made too many errors with team selections, talking in media about important of underpreforming players like Howard, awful substitutions and making it public knowledge that we don't do defensive set piece training, corners etc!

everton fans will encourage and support the manager where we can see what his trying to do and a degree of improvement but since his first season his only shown his incompetant at changing and improving us :-( Rodgers mark 2 he is :-( Ranieri, Bilic, Howe etc have done so much more with less talent and the fault always end at the Managers door as thats his job to sort the issues before they become issues and Martinez is a failure at this

I want him gone as his not a good enough Manager for us despite all the so called positives of him and the style of play :) His made too many errors with team selections, talking in media about important of underpreforming players like Howard, awful substitutions and making it public knowledge that we don't do defensive set piece training, corners etc!

everton fans will encourage and support the manager where we can see what his trying to do and a degree of improvement but since his first season his only shown his incompetant at changing and improving us :-( Rodgers mark 2 he is :-( Ranieri, Bilic, Howe etc have done so much more with less talent and the fault always end at the Managers door as thats his job to sort the issues before they become issues and Martinez is a failure at this

Ranieri and Leicester are a great case in point, he has helped them kick on, with on paper not a world beating squad.
We look fragile at the back, especially in the air. I can't remember us, for such a long time, being so fragile in the air.

The support issue goes up and down with each win or loss. To assert the case for his loss of 'majority of Everton support' is an easy one to make 24 hours after that game.

You really think a manager with his purchasing acumen and ability to get some very decent football out of this squad consistently is going to be dumped by a club that couldn't ever attract anyone of a high profile nature like Mourinho or whoever? The board, not surprisingly, are going to accept midtable finishes and good cup runs. The level of spending at this club doesn't warrant any other decision. We are not big spenders that you could say underachievement is clearly visible...if we are underachieving it's relative to the type of players the manager has the ability to bring in and get playing.

We need steel and character on the pitch, not a change in the dugout.

It's another chapter of post match fume whenever we've had a big reversal this season. I see nothing more than that, and you know the likelihood he'll be here next season regardless of midtable finish.

I wont get caught up in the aftermath of a poor defeat. Where was the certainty he'd be sacked without a strong fnish to the season before 5pm yesterday?

Deffo mate 'cos there's non on the touchline via this vacuous & fraudulent Pound Shop Guardiola is there?

You think THE MOSH - investing what he may, successful as he is - has not considered the pattern of seemingly unshakable capitulation attached to the current manager?

I'll bet he has.

I like his player recruitment, player development, style of play and positive attitude. But ffs Roberto is seriously letting himself, the players and the fans down with this inability to hold a lead. Get Moyes in on a short contract to teach him how to defend, hire SAF to explain to him that when you have done enough then close down the game, or get Stallone back over here and threaten to give him a good smack if he ever does such a stupid thing again..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back