Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether Martinez should go or not is hardly relevant , I do not think he will be going anywhere quickly.

The Board will comprise of three people we are led to believe, Bill, Woods and Moshiri. It's well known that Bill and Woods fully buy into the Martinez project, the belief being that he is building something over the long term.

I doubt at this stage Moshiri would enter the Board with the pre-conceived notion of firing Martinez. If he had, or if he thought it likely to happen soon, he would want a majority on the Board, so the Board would either be 5 (with 3 Moshiri appointments) or 3 with only one of Bill or Woods.

Martinez will be given the summer and I probably next season, the exception being a very poor early season which would see him removed before Christmas.

Lets see how much they buy into the Martinez project when they realise 2 bottom half finishes will cost the club circa 50m over the 2 seasons.

JUST SAYIN

Whether Martinez should go or not is hardly relevant , I do not think he will be going anywhere quickly.

The Board will comprise of three people we are led to believe, Bill, Woods and Moshiri. It's well known that Bill and Woods fully buy into the Martinez project, the belief being that he is building something over the long term.

I doubt at this stage Moshiri would enter the Board with the pre-conceived notion of firing Martinez. If he had, or if he thought it likely to happen soon, he would want a majority on the Board, so the Board would either be 5 (with 3 Moshiri appointments) or 3 with only one of Bill or Woods.

Martinez will be given the summer and in all probability next season, the exception being a very poor early season which would see him removed before Christmas.
I think it depends on what happens this season mate.
The fans are turning quickly they have had enough of his inability to win at home and his game management.
A new owner will watch closely and make a decision in summer and if we don't win the cup and finish 12th or lower regardless of bill i think he will be gone

Martinez will be given the summer and I probably next season, the exception being a very poor early season which would see him removed before Christmas.
If you were Moshiri and had committed to investing your own cash into the playing side of the business this summer, would you be convinced that Martinez was the man to entrust it to, given that his overall performance has been way below par for 2 years?

If it was my 'project' I'd want to ensure that the leader was one who I envisaged being in situ for a number of years. Based on his performance in the last 2 seasons Martinez has failed in his primary objective i.e. league position. If Moshiri is the analytical man that he is reported to be, then this obvious failure will be strongly questioned imo

Martinez will be given the summer and in all probability next season, the exception being a very poor early season which would see him removed before Christmas.
Spot on. I would go as far as saying he will be given all next season to show tangible progress too.

I want him to succeed not for the glory of Everton but just for the party I am going to have in the vaults if it happens.

If you were Moshiri and had committed to investing your own cash into the playing side of the business this summer, would you be convinced that Martinez was the man to entrust it to, given that his overall performance has been way below par for 2 years?

If it was my 'project' I'd want to ensure that the leader was one who I envisaged being in situ for a number of years. Based on his performance in the last 2 seasons Martinez has failed in his primary objective i.e. league position. If Moshiri is the analytical man that he is reported to be, then this obvious failure will be strongly questioned imo

I'd never have a minority stake without having control of the Board.

This suggests two things, Moshiri is in agreement with Bill and Jon (whatever decision that is) or he's planning on taking a majority stake and bringing in new board members of the next few months.

I think it depends on what happens this season mate.
The fans are turning quickly they have had enough of his inability to win at home and his game management.
A new owner will watch closely and make a decision in summer and if we don't win the cup and finish 12th or lower regardless of bill i think he will be gone

Hear what you are saying mate. But as things stand Moshiri would need the support of Bill or Jon to fire Martinez.

For me, a match going Evertonian since '77, the writing has been on the wall since the middle of last season. Martinez first season success owed a lot to the previous regime's strong defensive philosophy. Moyes teams were always well drilled and this helped Bobby in his first season.
Evertonians are not stupid. We know if something is fundamentally wrong with the way the team is performing.
The facts are clear. Our home record is appalling. We cannot defend a lead. We are hopeless at set-pieces. We are seeing our lowest league standing for the second season running. This is with a squad that every man and his dog can clearly see are underachieving.
Martinez has a footballing philosophy which takes priority over the end result, win or lose.
This bunch of players are used to eachother so you can't blame needing time to gel. They should be in the mix for top 4, not 12th. Martinez sends those players out unprepared in my opinion. Whether we win depends on how poor the opposing team's attack is on the day. That is unacceptable for Everton and it won't change with him in charge.

Esk, I would be amazed if Moshiri came in and didn't have control of the board. Bill and Woods will keep their positions, but do you really think Moshiri, investing £87m in the club, will allow them to outvote him? I wouldn't be surprised if Moshiri had at least the right under a shareholders agreement to appoint several directors and that no important decisions can be taken by Woods/Kenwright without the consent of Moshiri's directors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back