Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll beat Chelsea and this will swing to 61%. Then we'll beat Arsenal and Man Utd and this will drop off the page at around 58%.

Then we'll lose four on the bounce and everyone will remember again that this guy is an absolute fraud, and this will be back up to 62%.

In short, the poll is a joke.

I can see that.
I was lucky to have a season ticket through the 80's but i would be spitting fire at losing nearly every home game i feel for you guys because there is nothing better than going watching everton
I'm old enough that I was attending game in the mid eighties, if only as a lid mate. My eyes have seen the glory, I desperately want our young staunch lids to see the same some day soon.

Maybe I've missed the reports on the Board being made up of Moshiri, Bill and Woods like. I still recon Moshiri will want to match them at very least, dangerous game letting them have control of the board!

Its all just smoke and mirrors at the moment innit, guesswork all over the shop.

Guess we need to wait a few more days then things should be clearer, hopefully.

Maybe I've missed the reports on the Board being made up of Moshiri, Bill and Woods like. I still recon Moshiri will want to match them at very least, dangerous game letting them have control of the board!

The initial reports after the announcement was that Moshiri would replace Earl on the Board, and I have not heard anything to the contrary since.

The initial reports after the announcement was that Moshiri would replace Earl on the Board, and I have not heard anything to the contrary since.

Yeah thats what im basing my claptrap off.

This fella has come from Arsenal where the major shareholder has refused to even attend a single meeting with him, he will want a MAJOR say in everything, otherwise why did he leave Arsenal, but currently, for very sensible reasons, Bill is keeping a lid on things, doubt Fazzy has a problem with that just yet and if it ever becomes a problem, im sure he could buy the shares required to null everything within an hour.

You seem in the know mate and sorry to ask but how is bill's health now?

I'm not evading the question mate, I genuinely do not know how Bill is, the assumption is that given he appears to have been more active in recent weeks both with Everton and his outside interests that his health has improved, but I really don't know and don't want to speculate.

Yeah thats what im basing my claptrap off.

This fella has come from Arsenal where the major shareholder has refused to even attend a single meeting with him, he will want a MAJOR say in everything, otherwise why did he leave Arsenal, but currently, for very sensible reasons, Bill is keeping a lid on things, doubt Fazzy has a problem with that just yet and if it ever becomes a problem, im sure he could buy the shares required to null everything within an hour.

He could buy yours and be done with it....

I'm not evading the question mate, I genuinely do not know how Bill is, the assumption is that given he appears to have been more active in recent weeks both with Everton and his outside interests that his health has improved, but I really don't know and don't want to speculate.
Thanks for the reply mate and sounds good.

Hear what you are saying mate. But as things stand Moshiri would need the support of Bill or Jon to fire Martinez.

You seem to know what your talking about Esk.

But if Moshiri isn't happy with Martinez's performance, are Kenwright and Woods going to stand in his way.

Moshiri is now the biggest player at Everton. If he thinks a change is needed before he invests serious sums this summer, it would seem crazy of Kenwright and Woods to cause an issue over it.

They may like Bobby, but is it really worth upsetting the major shareholder who is bringing big investment into the club, for a manager with probably two consecutive bottom half finishes?

I'm sure there is a shareholders agreement in place between the three of them. But if Moshiri wants him gone, it's not really worth souring a new commercial relationship over, especially if the fans turn.

I guess we will find out soon enough. I think a board made up of Bill, Woods & Moshiri would seriously undermine Moshiri's investment; can't see it myself, but time will tell.

I'm sure there is a shareholders agreement in place between the three of them. But if Moshiri wants him gone, it's not really worth souring a new commercial relationship over, especially if the fans turn.

Any shareholders agreement is likely to give Moshiri the vast bulk of the power. Kenwright and Woods may have certain rights of veto, but normally would expect the money man to make the big decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back