Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to know what your talking about Esk.

But if Moshiri isn't happy with Martinez's performance, are Kenwright and Woods going to stand in his way.

Moshiri is now the biggest player at Everton. If he thinks a change is needed before he invests serious sums this summer, it would seem crazy of Kenwright and Woods to cause an issue over it.

They may like Bobby, but is it really worth upsetting the major shareholder who is bringing big investment into the club, for a manager with probably two consecutive bottom half finishes?

I'm sure there is a shareholders agreement in place between the three of them. But if Moshiri wants him gone, it's not really worth souring a new commercial relationship over, especially if the fans turn.

All that you say is correct mate, I agree with you. The point I was making is as you point out, it (Martinez being sacked) would require Bill or Jon to agree.

A lot will depend on what Moshiri's plans are and perhaps who he and his advisors see as a replacement should they think one necessary.

Why are you all so angry?

We've won 5 in 7 games. We lost a game with 10 men. Grow up.

On the face of it, this is true.

I'll happily give Martinez a pass for us losing to WBA, just one of those things.
I may be stupid, no, I am stupid, but I think if Mirallas hadn't got sent off, we'd have beat West Ham, but the Niasse for Lennon substitution is still grieving me.

The reason it's grieving me is because when we saw Niasse ready to come on, I was talking to the lads who are unlucky enough to sit by me. They were wondering who was going to go off. I said I was sure it was Lennon. They looked at me as if I was stupid ( there's a common theme here ) and, removing the swear words said something on the lines of "That's be flipping stupid, he's plainly tired, but without him we lose our shape and won't have anyone tracking back".

I think I said something on the lines of "Bobby is stubborn, he wants to bring him on and he'll have lost sight of the fact that we're down to ten men and need Lennon's energy".

It gave me absolutely zero satisfaction to be right. Once they scored their first, the result almost seemed inevitable.

TL;DR ?

Come the end of the season, I may well be joining the plotters.
Funnily enough, I think we'll beat Chelsea and end up at Wembley in the semis, but Martinez has a lot to do to convince me he's fully up to the job.

I'll happily give Martinez a pass for us losing to WBA, just one of those things.
I may be stupid, no, I am stupid, but I think if Mirallas hadn't got sent off, we'd have beat West Ham, but the Niasse for Lennon substitution is still grieving me.

The reason it's grieving me is because when we saw Niasse ready to come on, I was talking to the lads who are unlucky enough to sit by me. They were wondering who was going to go off. I said I was sure it was Lennon. They looked at me as if I was stupid ( there's a common theme here ) and, removing the swear words said something on the lines of "That's be flipping stupid, he's plainly tired, but without him we lose our shape and won't have anyone tracking back".

I think I said something on the lines of "Bobby is stubborn, he wants to bring him on and he'll have lost sight of the fact that we're down to ten men and need Lennon's energy".

It gave me absolutely zero satisfaction to be right. Once they scored their first, the result almost seemed inevitable.

TL;DR ?

Funnily enough, I think we'll beat Chelsea and end up at Wembley in the semis, but Martinez has a lot to do to convince me he's fully up to the job.

I think the niasse sub was to try and keep the same idea of trying to hit them on the break and pace wise he was the most similar player to lennon, he may have also thought deulofeu was the wrong sub as he cost us the game against Chelsea...and assuming lennon WAS knackered I can see the logic

hindsight would suggest baines would have been a good sub(double up on the left)

but...baines coming on may have actually led to more pressure as less of an outlet...but we will never know and hindsight is a wonderful thing

TL;DR ?

Lennon could have done another 10 mins mate.

That sub has turned me into a plotter now.

I think the niasse sub was to try and keep the same idea of trying to hit them on the break and pace wise he was the most similar player to lennon, he may have also thought deulofeu was the wrong sub as he cost us the game against Chelsea...and assuming lennon WAS knackered I can see the logic

hindsight would suggest baines would have been a good sub(double up on the left)

but...baines coming on may have actually led to more pressure as less of an outlet...but we will never know and hindsight is a wonderful thing

It's not really hindsight though.
The general reaction in the Park End was "wtf ?"

Admittedly we're a set of miserable grumpy arl arses in the Park End so "wtf?" is our usual response to almost anything, but even so, it was a baffling decision.

2-0 up with 11 men on the pitch, no problem. 3-0 up with 10 on the pitch, again, no problem, but 2-0 up with 10 on the pitch, naw, that's a bad mistake to make.

@davek do yourself and everyone else a favour and press

b8fb074f4b163ae25520a63b13e9c9f930b17985

A/ SFs and QFs are sniffed at by you are they? That'll be because we've won all those trophies in the past 20 years I expect.

B/ Martinez and The Mush were settling spending for the summer just over a week ago mate. I'm going to hazard a guess that he's on board with the chairman and manager.

C/ I argue my case as forcefully and as fairly and without insult as I can. Why not try it?

Serious question Dave.
What's changed on the highlighted bit since yesterday morning when you said in the New Shareholder thread when you were complaining about the lack of information from Moshiri

A week into the new dawn:

Officially we have the same owners, directors and executive.
We have an unchanged stadium situation.
A commitment to keeping our best players and ambition to compete in the transfer market.

...I'm suggesting (right now, at least) we have a fistful of nothing.

I mean, when you typed the above about there being no word yet on competing in the transfer market it had already been reported in the press that that was on the cards, but today, you're taking it as gospel.

Apologies in advance if we've had some sort of official announcement on our transfer budget but, on the face of it, you seem to have had a Damascus moment with regards to Moshiri in not much more than 24 hours ?

How anyone can defend Martinez at this point is beyond me. We are on track to win the least home games in the league i
A/ SFs and QFs are sniffed at by you are they? That'll be because we've won all those trophies in the past 20 years I expect.

B/ Martinez and The Mush were settling spending for the summer just over a week ago mate. I'm going to hazard a guess that he's on board with the chairman and manager.

C/ I argue my case as forcefully and as fairly and without insult as I can. Why not try it?

The points you make are mute.

Martinez winning the FA Cup with Wigan, doesn't excuse the fact he got them relegated! I care not for cup runs when we are on track to have the least amount of home wins in our entire history!

Good domestic cups runs is not what keeps your best player around. Surely even you know that.
There is no glossing over our league form. It's diabolical. Martinez is being kept in a job not only by a weak board but almost single handedly by Lukaku's form.

The budgets were set as they were probably a massive point of negotiation. This has nothing to do with Martinez and would have happened irrespective. If anything Martinez's position has weakened significantly given the arrival of Moshiri. He is no long the protect man he once was. Kenwright loves Martinez, so I'm sure Moshiri wasn't daft enough to show his hand upfront.

Martinez is two games away from the chop. Lose to Chelsea and Arsenal, and it'll be adios IMO.

TL;DR ?

I have no problem with people wanting Martinez out.

I have a problem with us winning 5 in 6 games and people just waiting in the shadows for us to lose. Then bam, MARTINEZ OUT I TOLD YOU SO CATALAN CLOWN.

I have no problem with people wanting Martinez out.

I have a problem with us winning 5 in 6 games and people just waiting in the shadows for us to lose. Then bam, MARTINEZ OUT I TOLD YOU SO CATALAN CLOWN.

The three games against West Ham, Chelsea and Arsenal were always going to be a better indication of how we're doing than games against Carlisle, Newcastle, Stoke, WBA, Bournemouth and Villa.

I'm still confident that we'll rescue the season by beating Chelsea, but, as previously stated, I am a bit stupid.

TL;DR ?

Niasse came on and put in a shift and played in the exact same positions as Lennon had occupied second half mate, which was more of a support striker to Lukaku.

That's a fact but seems to be this week's stick to beat Martinez with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back