Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@davek do yourself and everyone else a favour and press

b8fb074f4b163ae25520a63b13e9c9f930b17985
There's also a button on the forum called "ignore" if @davek is deep inside your mind and you can't stand it any further mate.

Niasse came on and put in a shift and played in the exact same positions as Lennon had occupied second half mate, which was more of a support striker to Lukaku.

That's a fact but seems to be this week's stick to beat Martinez with.

Lennon was indeed principally playing behind the striker after Mirallas had a brain fart moment, but he was all over the pitch and helping out in defence too.

I can understand people saying he was knackered, but a knackered Lennon is currently fitter than a lad who's not had chance to get up to speed with the Premier League yet. It was a poor decision.

Obviously if Niasse had scored I would be hailing Martinez as a genius, but it didn't look very likely to happen.

Lennon was indeed principally playing behind the striker after Mirallas had a brain fart moment, but he was all over the pitch and helping out in defence too.

I can understand people saying he was knackered, but a knackered Lennon is currently fitter than a lad who's not had chance to get up to speed with the Premier League yet. It was a poor decision.

Obviously if Niasse had scored I would be hailing Martinez as a genius, but it didn't look very likely to happen.
Hindsight is a wonderful beast mate.

Yesterday we seen a brave Everton who couldn't hold out, we'll have better days but the regular occurrence of these days this season is some concern.

Niasse came on and put in a shift and played in the exact same positions as Lennon had occupied second half mate, which was more of a support striker to Lukaku.

That's a fact but seems to be this week's stick to beat Martinez with.

Cause he's new to the Premier League, and looked a bit tosh when he came on. Maybe it wasn't wise to put him on with 20 minutes to go while we're down to 10 men.

Cause he's new to the Premier League, and looked a bit tosh when he came on. Maybe it wasn't wise to put him on with 20 minutes to go while we're down to 10 men.
I can see the reasoning in it, he's pacey, works hard and is a goal threat on the counter.

Good on Martinez with his cajones, that wasn't why we got beat. We got beat due to being down to ten men and our failure to deal with crosses and headers, possibly linked with being reduced to ten man for nearly an hour of Premier League football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back