Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My frustration is the lid seems to have it mostly together, I reckon about 90%.
He's mostly learnt from his mistakes and got us playing great footy going forward, and had shored us up at the back.
We just seemingly have this ability to self destruct under him. If he can't get results consistently, particularly at home he can't really be the manager going forward can he.

I can see the reasoning in it, he's pacey, works hard and is a goal threat on the counter.

Good on Martinez with his cajones, that wasn't why we got beat. We got beat due to being down to ten men and our failure to deal with crosses and headers, possibly linked with being reduced to ten man for nearly an hour of Premier League football.

But we also needed someone to hold it up, but he took off Lukaku and brought on someone who has no prem experience who lost the ball every time he got it.

Yes, I agree.

I'm voting "not yet",I want to give him the time he asked for to build his team.At the moment it's just so painful to watch a great squad not performing,I don't know if he can turn this around,but then I look at that away record and the football they are capable of, (Norwich first 45 mins was as good as it got imo ), one defeat at Arsenal, that's good , no matter what your views are.
I think a top notch goalkeeper, and I mean a world class one, who could put this defence in order would be massive, we've international defenders all across the back four, I think we're so close to getting it right.
biting the bullet and will go with keep him,but for crying out loud Roberto , cut the crap and take responsibility for what goes on

I cant wait until next week when we're looking at a Wembley semi final.

This place will witness an exodus of those posters who only ever come out after a defeat to push hard for a manager's dismissal that isn't even remotely on the cards.

I don't think there's ever been a time on here when the finger has been less on the pulse of the real world of Everton FC than it is right now. These views are miles off and running in a parallel universe to the power dynamics inside the club. Maybe some will think that the board will hate the fact that we're seen as an entertaining team and scoring 51 PL goals so far and performing well in all competitions and sack the manager?

I promise you this: if I ever had any feeling that the balance of power had tipped away from this manager I'd old my hands up and reluctantly acknowledge it. But it is isn't anywhere in sight. In the echo chamber of a forum it might seem like there's something afoot. But it's wayward to think anything other than that manager/players and chairman and new major share owner are completely in synch. Those in power will be viewing this season as a developmental one, and that quality and value has been added not only to our play overall but also to the balance sheet. If you think they're going twist instead of stick you are most definitely barking up the wrong tree. Home PL form aside, they are going to view the season in it's entirety and be happy with the job RM is doing.

That's the big picture. It's always been the big picture. And it's the reason why people predicting the fall of Martinez have been wrong in the past just like they are now.

Why do we have to go through this melodrama after every defeat? It's baffling to me. It's a lot of wasted energy on wishful thinking rather than seeing the situation for what it is.

The first sentence somes you up perfectly. Banking everything on your imagination and stating it as a fact, something that hasn't happened yet and odds suggest won't happen.

Beating Chelsea in a one-off cup quarter final does not excuse being crap for two seasons anyway.

And I'm not airing this opinion in the hope the board are reading this forum hoping it will sack Martinez, something you think people speaking out against the manager are trying to achieve. I feel Martinez may slowly but surely do it himself unfortunately.

Dave,
I sincerely hope we are looking at a cup semi-final trip come 7.30ish next week if only for your sake... because if we get to keen extra Saturday, you have just set yourself up for some serious earache.

No he hasn't, he's always at that -'just wait till we do such and such then we'll see' then it doesn't happen but it don't change a thing. There will be no reforms in that brain.

@davek
Apologies if I have not seen it but have you ever declared what your expectations are with regards to the league?

Your right in that the cup performance this season is decent. But aside from those where do you think we should've finishing in the league?

I had us down for top 7 at worst at the start of the year. Around Xmas I thought we could definitely hit that target.

Now I think we will be lucky to finish top half.
What were your expectations at the start of the year?

(as season starts and progresses)
Top 4 just you wait and see, er, I mean 5, top 7 is great for this young team, erm erm, even if we finish midtable it's just same as finishing 5th with Moyes. But we could make a late charge for top 8 and that be great for this team Errrrrm, just look at the semi final that might happen lad, forget the league.

That's your Davek friend.

(as season starts and progresses)
Top 4 just you wait and see, er, I mean 5, top 7 is great for this young team, erm erm, even if we finish midtable it's just same as finishing 5th with Moyes. But we could make a late charge for top 8 and that be great for this team Errrrrm, just look at the semi final that might happen lad, forget the league.

That's your Davek friend.
Not to throw anyone under the bus but the same davek said it was pre-destined that we would get to the league cup final and Martinez would right the wrongs of previous derbies. Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back