Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first sentence somes you up perfectly. Banking everything on your imagination and stating it as a fact, something that hasn't happened yet and odds suggest won't happen.

Beating Chelsea in a one-off cup quarter final does not excuse being crap for two seasons anyway.

And I'm not airing this opinion in the hope the board are reading this forum hoping it will sack Martinez, something you think people speaking out against the manager are trying to achieve. I feel Martinez may slowly but surely do it himself unfortunately.

It'll be funny when we get knocked out and he changes his story to "well look how well we did to get to a cup semi and a cup quarter final, two great cup runs, the great entertainers" or other such drivel

It'll be funny when we get knocked out and he changes his story to "well look how well we did to get to a cup semi and a cup quarter final, two great cup runs, the great entertainers" or other such drivel

Ah I'm sure he would reevaluate things and it will alter his way his way if thinking. He is open to change.

I'm voting "not yet",I want to give him the time he asked for to build his team.At the moment it's just so painful to watch a great squad not performing,I don't know if he can turn this around,but then I look at that away record and the football they are capable of, (Norwich first 45 mins was as good as it got imo ), one defeat at Arsenal, that's good , no matter what your views are.
I think a top notch goalkeeper, and I mean a world class one, who could put this defence in order would be massive, we've international defenders all across the back four, I think we're so close to getting it right.
biting the bullet and will go with keep him,but for crying out loud Roberto , cut the crap and take responsibility for what goes on
He had had time to build his team . Thus is probably one of the best squads ever ... It plays his way ... And just like Wifan it can not defend.

Trying to figure out how long do you give him to work out the defensive issues or conclude that he's incapable of doing it. If there were a reasonable alternative capable of maintaining the quality of our attacking play I'd be tempted, but I also worry that we'll lose a lot in any prospective switch. I get that many here think results make performance irrelevant, but up til the penalty miss, my daughter and I couldn't believe our eyes: 10 of us were dominating 11 of them and were on the point of going 3-0 up. We all know what happened next.

I liked your post because I thought I agreed with but then I saw that line about seeing out the year. I agree on a lot except giving him more time
Fair enough.

If we were to offload him earlier than seasons end, then we'd need a caretaker coach as I imagine that aside from Mourhino, there's not a lot out there available...(yes, I see you over there in the corner Davey but no!) So, aside from a statement of intent by the club, it's not a lot more than a gesture & we'd be resigning ourselves to a failed season.

The attacking style of play is good, but I'd want him to show that he can shore up our defences. If he could do that & finish the season with a bunch of clean sheets, then I'd probably be inclined to give him another go. Again, IMHO.

;)

To be honest, we dont know whats been said behind the scenes, Martinez was given an awful lot of money to spend recently, maybe Bill wanted something in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back